Harness Time

Rodeodog

Hi all

I am starting with a new company which are insisting on buying me all new kit!

choice of harness are petzl or the new harkie harness.

has anyone got any views on which would be best as i have never climbed on either.

cheers.

try both if u can but ive heard alot about petzl being good as you have only said petzl could any of there's, not heard anything about the harkie. i would say go with the petzl, But your going to be sitting in it so make sure you comfy and feel safe in it

Cheers guys

Dont think im going to have enough time to test the harnesses out before i get them. not sure which petzle harness it is have just emailed them to find out but have heard good things about the seqouia harness as well, iv been climbing on my tree magic for past year which was in my opinion a great harness apart from lack of quick release on the legs which is a pain getting on when your pockets are stuffed full of crap.

Anyway cheers all.

i use a petzle sequoia and its great only thing is i find it gets very uncomfortable when you load it up with tools! could always say you would pay the differance and get a tree motion! after trying one out thats the next item on my list! but as everyone else says your the one sitting in it all day so its your call! have to say tho build quaility is brill on the sequoia

i use a petzle sequoia and its great only thing is i find it gets very uncomfortable when you load it up with tools! could always say you would pay the differance and get a tree motion! after trying one out thats the next item on my list! but as everyone else says your the one sitting in it all day so its your call! have to say tho build quaility is brill on the sequoia

vouch the same on really heavly loading the waist belt it can dig in but im talking the 66 trying to pull the harness off you but on the whole a wicked harness and when i need a new one im getting the same again