How many of us are involved with tree planting/regeneration?

Jdtrees

Not so much fc plantation stuff but more native species? I reckon with our companies associated landscaping work we plant 5-10 times what I remove every year. (My personal favourite is a copper beech that I transplanted as a 3 inch seedling thats now 4 foot high and about to leaf, not that I check up on it or anything)

Just curious after reading another thread this evening and being struck once again with a feeling of impending doom for the tree care industry that we all love.:confused1:

Jim

Just done the first thin on a wood I helped plant when I was six. I did some beating up in there over the years too. I've got a greenhouse full whips that started out as seeds in my pockets from jobs, some of which have been through the washing machine:blushing:

I made the decision a few years ago to plant more than I fell.:thumbup:

Done a bit of ninja planting too!

Just done the first thin on a wood I helped plant when I was six. I did some beating up in there over the years too. I've got a greenhouse full whips that started out as seeds in my pockets from jobs, some of which have been through the washing machine:blushing:

I made the decision a few years ago to plant more than I fell.:thumbup:

Done a bit of ninja planting too!

Over the last say 9 years I have planted between 500 to a 1000 new trees each year, about 10% are standards up to root balled extra heavy's , the rest being whips , so it helps me feel good, especially with regard to tree losses which will always be inevitable when working with trees which grow within the urban environment .:thumbup1:

Easily 500 mature trees planted so far this year alone, along with 300 trees moved but thats not really the same allthough it does increase tree coverage.

One of our jobs a year on

Avenue of 32 Limes

5976608e49410_Trees015cr.jpg.2b41c5e90e3292c468ab6ed87e0ad934.jpg

for every hardwood i take down, I try to put back at least 3 or 4 of the same species, I wont see the benifit, but our children, or there children will, the big estates round here do a good enough job on the evergreens for the most of us

I was involved in this - "in 2000, a Guinness World Record was set for tree planting by hand – 107,781 over a 3-day period".

I organised the replanting of a clear-fell site (the record was set over multiple sites) and got through about 3,200 trees if my memory serves me well. Members of the public were invited to take part, but the weather was bloomin awful and I did most of them myself!