the dog isn't well

Bald Monkey

Had some bad news yesterday about the dog. On sunday he started passing blood and after taking him in for tests yesterday they found a tumour on his bladder,not the best of news 5 days before we move to scotland. Still got to wait for the results of the biopsy that were taken to see how aggressive it is but the vet has basically said there are two options. The first being surgery that will remove half of the bladder but is very invasive and risky for a dog that is nearly 14, or the second option a course of chemotherapy. The wife is in bits, we are thinking the second option because there are less immediate risks and it could give a decent quality of life for a few more months whereas with the surgery there is the risk of him just dying on the operating table.

This has totally put a damper on our last week and to top all the bad luck the wife failed her driving test today!

Sorry if I'm going on but he is a member of our family and can't even bare to think of life without him :thumb down:

IMG_2129.jpg.159044fb705d68ab8d5ca776cb197ae0.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My little dog was diagnosed with lymphoma last March . She was fit as a fiddle and full of vitality so it came as a crushing blow because she has never left my side in all the years i've had her .

She is on a course of steroids and is still here over a year later but it is coming to an end soon ... i feel your pain

My wife has been undergoing chemotherapy for the last 6 months. It is not easy. I don't want to sound unkind but I would not want to put a dog through it. It may be best for the dogs sake to have him put down.

Very difficult times.

John

I agree with that .

My wife has been undergoing chemotherapy for the last 6 months. It is not easy. I don't want to sound unkind but I would not want to put a dog through it. It may be best for the dogs sake to have him put down.

Very difficult times.

John

Sorry to hear about your wife, hope she is OK. It makes me feel a bit silly posting this about a dog when I think what your family must be going through.

I know what you are saying about the chemo but he is normally fit and healthy and enjoys life so I want to give him a chance, if he goes down hill then of course I wouldn't want him to suffer.

Cheers for the advice and all the best