Company names

Arran Turner

In the next few months im going to start advertising in the local rag and yell after i finish college. As it stands the company name is AMT Tree Surgery

But ive got my old man in my ear saying its a crap name and not catchy enough for people to remember and it needs to be like 'ruskins' 'treefella' along the lines of one catchy word. Has he got logic behind what hes saying and should i be thinking of changing it before proper advertisiing starts? :confused1:

Thanks Folks

Arran

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt matter what you call yourself, your work will speak for its self. Someone will remember you for the quality of job you do not what you call yourself if that makes sence

This is correct but if they cannot remember your trading name they may well struggle to find you next time they need you 4yrs down the line when you maybe expanded and moved onto different place?

Once you start with a name you are pretty well stuck with it.

i use my surname, which coincidentally is also the name of a local village, and thats where most of my work comes from!

i wouldnt advertise in yellow pages, i tried thomson local and got nothing, small parish magazines are best as they tend to get read more because they might have other articles and local information in.

Scrap my earlier post, sorry.

The name does make a difference.

Yell and local rags attract enquiries from price motivated people so you'll be quoting against 3-7 other firms and cheapest price will get the work.

Keep your prices high and you'll be viewed by the type of folk you want to work for as a credible contractor.

I still think anyone starting now is mad.

Scrap my earlier post, sorry.

The name does make a difference.

Yell and local rags attract enquiries from price motivated people so you'll be quoting against 3-7 other firms and cheapest price will get the work.

Keep your prices high and you'll be viewed by the type of folk you want to work for as a credible contractor.

I still think anyone starting now is mad.

And the next time (if there is one) that those people want a tree job done they will just get loads of quotes again and the cheapest will get it.