Tractor Mounted Stump Grinder

Ted_165

What are peoples viewing on stump grinders in general and specifically tractor mounted ones, are the tractor ones quite agile, i would imagine that they are quite numb but I might be wrong!

get in contact with 'arbwork' off here... he has a nice pto machine

Not sure what you mean by 'numb'?.

We have a Miller 150 PTO driven grinder which we use on the back of our Valtra. If you have a large amount of medium or large stumps then its without doubt the tool for the job but you do need a fair few to warrant the expense of getting a peice of kit like this to a job, we have a tracked Vermeer SC60 which is just about as much as you would want to tow behind a Land Rover and that can sort out a few big stumps in a day but the Miller is the one for the big stuff, its unstoppable with 125hp driving it.

they are i good ive used one a fair bit and a mate of mine works it pretty hard, as the above post says for alot of stumps that are big its ideal. if you do alot of site clearance work it will be the machine for you. Like every bit of kit if you find work for it and it pays for itself then its a good idea if it just sits there festuring then it was a waste of time