Compressed sawdust Briquettes

bingoben

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're asking you to buy them? Sounds like a responsible usage of high-energy waste, but I wouldn't go buying tons of the stuff until I knew I had a customer base who's interested in it. Request a few for free, trail them with your customers, see if they'd consider buying them seperately. I hear they burn like coal and have a higher calorific value than wood, the curve-ball is does Joe Public notice a difference significant enough to pay more for them.

Edited by Ben90

the other questions i'd be is asking myself are...

1. If customers like burning these am i going to loose customers to these bricks,,,

2. Once a customer is converted to "bricks" the supplier can hold you to ransom and is free to push prices up when he so pleases.

3. If they are so good,, how come the supplier is not marketing/ selling them him/ herself?

the other questions i'd be is asking myself are...

1. If customers like burning these am i going to loose customers to these bricks,,,

2. Once a customer is converted to "bricks" the supplier can hold you to ransom and is free to push prices up when he so pleases.

3. If they are so good,, how come the supplier is not marketing/ selling them him/ herself?

1. Given the growth in Joe Public (JP) returning to wood burning, I would'nt have thought these briquettes would have a major impact on the log market in the short or mid term if ever.

2. If the supplier tries to hold customers to ransom with higher prices, then surely JP will just switch back to the logs he used before if they are better value for money.

3. The manufacturer IS marketing and trying to sell his product, that is why he's been in touch with Bingoben. Many manufacturers produce a product and then enter into a relationship with a retailer to sell to the end user. Cadbury's don't own all the corner shops that sell their chocolate products!

IMO: If the briquettes are as good as or better than logs then its a win win situation. It makes excellent use of a waste product, log suppliers have another product to offer to picky customers to create revenue, and if we have another long cold winter its another source of of burnable material when the retailers log pile stocks are running down.

3. The manufacturer IS marketing and trying to sell his product, that is why he's been in touch with Bingoben. Many manufacturers produce a product and then enter into a relationship with a retailer to sell to the end user. Cadbury's don't own all the corner shops that sell their chocolate products!

No they don't but you won't be able to buy a cadbury's dairy milk in the nestle factory shop will you, it might detract from their primary sales!!

No they don't but you won't be able to buy a cadbury's dairy milk in the nestle factory shop will you, it might detract from their primary sales!!

You will now.

Nestle bought Cadbury earlier this year so its all Nestle products.

As regards Briquettes I offer a free sample box of 90 Briquettes to Hetas engineers who sell stoves and they can hand out to customers, Bit of a sprat to catch a mackrel but it works for me. The engineers seem to like them as the moisture content is below 15% so their stoves work to design instead of trying to burn wet wood which just produces tar. Once in the door with briquettes I can then sell the complimentary range of split logs,kindling,joiners logs etc all guaranteed at less than 20% MC

1. Given the growth in Joe Public (JP) returning to wood burning, I would'nt have thought these briquettes would have a major impact on the log market in the short or mid term if ever.

2. If the supplier tries to hold customers to ransom with higher prices, then surely JP will just switch back to the logs he used before if they are better value for money.

IMO: If the briquettes are as good as or better than logs then its a win win situation. It makes excellent use of a waste product, log suppliers have another product to offer to picky customers to create revenue, and if we have another long cold winter its another source of of burnable material when the retailers log pile stocks are running down.

sorry fella you missed my point,,, the customer is already buying his logs,,,, why should he make a lower margin selling his customers a product someone else charges him for??

and i was meaning the supplier hiking prices on him,, not the end customer,,,

You will now.

Nestle bought Cadbury earlier this year so its all Nestle products.

As regards Briquettes I offer a free sample box of 90 Briquettes to Hetas engineers who sell stoves and they can hand out to customers, Bit of a sprat to catch a mackrel but it works for me. The engineers seem to like them as the moisture content is below 15% so their stoves work to design instead of trying to burn wet wood which just produces tar. Once in the door with briquettes I can then sell the complimentary range of split logs,kindling,joiners logs etc all guaranteed at less than 20% MC

whats a joiners log????