fuelwood splitta 400 fills bulk bag logs full in 4 mins

Bustergasket

Saw this running at the open day at Fuelwood, seriously this is a versatile machine and talk about regular size logs, then the chap moved the adjuster in about 2 seconds and it's making kindling, looks super strong, i have seen a video of this but when you see it working for real its impressive

IMG_1653.jpg.869f17af985005de84f3e300a3b142e1.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg.fd04e191541a203ac078a496a316b612.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this running at the open day at Fuelwood, seriously this is a versatile machine and talk about regular size logs, then the chap moved the adjuster in about 2 seconds and it's making kindling, looks super strong, i have seen a video of this but when you see it working for real its impressive

I really like this machine. I have made the decision to buy it on at least 5 occasions but chicken out every time.:blushing:

Don't really see the point in them in unless your making kindling , you still have to load the rings and cut them by hand to load on the conveyor so any amount of time it saves is doubled with sawing and handling , plus they are limited to size of rings going to the infeed so rules out a lot of arb waste.

Don't really see the point in them in unless your making kindling , you still have to load the rings and cut them by hand to load on the conveyor so any amount of time it saves is doubled with sawing and handling , plus they are limited to size of rings going to the infeed so rules out a lot of arb waste.

Don't you simply quarter bigger rings?

I would have thought that if you're running an arb firm with just transits, with no way of carrying large timber, you could bring most timber back to the yard ready go straight through it.

They certainly won't be compatible with everyone's system. I do a lot of firewood and ring up as part of the process. This machine would streamline the splitting phase. Any oversize rings easily yield to the swing of an axe, I have 80% Ash.

I do woodland management rather than tree surgery mind.

Don't you simply quarter bigger rings?

I would have thought that if you're running an arb firm with just transits, with no way of carrying large timber, you could bring most timber back to the yard ready go straight through it.

From memory the rings are better round because of the way it feeds them in on the conveyor, it's the way the machine works , they are an expensive machine as well .. in the right Wöod seriously quick but we got rid of ours for a bigger processor as you can chuck two /3 rings in to a processor and it also does not matter if they are irregular shaped, brought it with the intention of making arb waste a breeze but it didn't really unless it was the perfect size, we had the 360 the 400 is slightly larger but looks like an identical machine.

From memory the rings are better round because of the way it feeds them in on the conveyor, it's the way the machine works , they are an expensive machine as well .. in the right Wöod seriously quick but we got rid of ours for a bigger processor as you can chuck two /3 rings in to a processor and it also does not matter if they are irregular shaped, brought it with the intention of making arb waste a breeze but it didn't really unless it was the perfect size, we had the 360 the 400 is slightly larger but looks like an identical machine.

Interesting!

How did it cope with smallish diameter rings that ideally would just be split down the middle?

To be honest as long you could get it in the chamber it would cope with any thing , Round was better but it did cope with irregular fine , It was just making it fit the chamber which was the problem from memory. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1495962167.337868.jpg.380ca76415831c4ebb7fff13cca7c39c.jpg

Easier with a crane and log deck but for your set up sounds like it would work well ... why not extract the timber in lengths instead of rings in the first place though?