ibc / potato bix seasoning

tomm156

Hi all

for those of you that season firewood in an ibc outside with a lid do you find you have to bring them inside once dry before the wetter months to stop them getting wet?

currently have logs outside in cages with lids stacked two high about a foot apart in rows of 3 deep drying for this winter and I was wondering weather I could keep them outside until needed or if it would be best to bring them in for the winter before being sold.

first year using ibcs outside so curious as to what others do

thanks in advance

Tom Bounsall

For those of you that season firewood in an ibc outside with a lid do you find you have to bring them inside once dry before the wetter months to stop them getting wet?

No! For starters I have nowhere indoors but it's not needed anyway. A good deal of seasoning happens through the winter moths; don't think it stops for the cold.

Airflow, airflow, airflow is what you need so leave them outdoors and don't worry about a bit of rain.

I actually had a heap of split logs on the ground a few years back that I never got round to putting in cages. I sold them off the ground bit by bit, taking a load at a time off the outside in dry weather.

Jon

Just taken to bringing them in before sale. Last winter had trouble with horizontal rain driving deep into the crates. Had a much drier winter so not necessary for the logs this year but it's nice not having to mess around fetching crates and removing lids when the orders are flooding in. Only bring them in when the logs are properly seasoned though as they wont dry as well stacked up in a barn with less ventilation.

Thanks for the replies, have about 130 stacked up but after the rain today I noticed the sides had got wet so thaught I would ask. Have considered wrapping the whole lot in debris netting to try and stop the rain but let the air in?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Thanks for the replies, have about 130 stacked up but after the rain today I noticed the sides had got wet so thaught I would ask. Have considered wrapping the whole lot in debris netting to try and stop the rain but let the air in?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Debris netting wont stop the rain getting in