Briquettes

Bri

Would appreciate people's views on this, I have talking to a guy who I know and he's sold his wood proccesssor and equipment and putting it all into making these briquettes, he is quite shrewd and reckons the log days are going to be gone with more and more buying these briquettes apparently some give off really good heat and last for a good few hours, easy to store too, it's making me think about putting much more money in buying timber in.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's talking tosh. Briquettes are a nightmare to store coz if they even get damp they swell up and are knackered. I bought a tonne off a manufacturer last year and gave away about 30 bags to individual log customers and not one of them wants another bag. They burn way too fast, look ugly and are expensive.

I thought they would be a good seller but not in my area.

He says Well it's not me, but a few customers do they say to me thy pick these up from a well kwown store at there convience, so made me think when he told me this. Lees hassle to store logs and stacking them etc definitely food for thought.