Processing

Bird

I'm currently trying to up my game and wanting to speed up ! I'm not wanting to go mad and have firewood as my primary business but without spending many 000s what's the next step after using chainsaw and log splitter ???

81-sc700cd-4ba1687598af847d.png

PTO log saw - park next to splitter and run splitter off tractor hydraulics with a couple of extention hoses.:thumbup1:

It depends on what wood you have to process, if it's cordwood then get a fair amount in and hire a processor (has to be 18" diameter and under) if it's a mix I. E arb waste I'd say stick with a chainsaw and log splitter, yes it can be hard work, believe me I know, but it's the quickest, easiest and most versatile option, I personally wouldn't get a pto saw bench as Imo it's a bit slower and can only take certain logs, we get a lot of arb waste in and I separate stuff that can go in a processor and stuff that need to be done with chainsaw, overall it's a lot quicker and it breaks up up the ordeal of using/ doing the same thing

PTO log saw - park next to splitter and run splitter off tractor hydraulics with a couple of extention hoses.:thumbup1:

Exactly what I do, tractor powers both.

Great for arb waste you just have to think how to use it, so much easier than a chainsaw but a chainsaw is still needed for bigger stuff.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

Edited by Ian C

That's how our business started 20 years ago but ours had a splitter bolted on as far as I remember. It's the next logical step but for chunky stuff like arbwaste I would invest in saws and a big splitter.

I'm currently trying to up my game and wanting to speed up ! I'm not wanting to go mad and have firewood as my primary business but without spending many 000s what's the next step after using chainsaw and log splitter ???

What splitter are you currently using? A proper splitter can make a hell of a difference production wise.