Hardwood firewood in Crates

janisr

Anyone interested in full loads of kiln dried hardwood firewood (oak,ash, birch)moisture below 20% for good prices please let me know.

In one load there is :

22 Large crates - 1,05 x 1.15 x 0,80 m

22 Small crates - 1,05 x 1.15 x 1.60 m

PM or call me 0191 242 0462

Edited by janisr

Anyone interested in full loads of kiln dried hardwood firewood (oak,ash, birch)moisture below 20% for good prices please let me know.

OK - Some questions. Comments in italics/bold are from your website:

We offer only carefully selected products, which are most suitable for open fires, multi-fuel burners, and firewood stoves.

How do you define 'most suitable'? Is this a quantified measure in any way?

We focus on making the wood fuel purchase process less overwhelming, easier, faster, and more pleasant... Wood fuel ordering is easy. With just a few clicks, your order is completed on our website, and processed immediately.

How is this process 'less overwhelming/more pleasant etc.' and in truth, any different from ringing up and asking for a load of logs?

We care about our environment. All of our products are sourced from well-managed, sustainable forests!

What are the sources? Are you FSC or PEFC certified and could you produce a CoC cert? As you are selling prominently birch - I presume your source is a Scandinavian county (but will happily stand corrected). By what method is your kiln fired/heated, and exactly where is the drying taking place?

In case you are wondering why all the questions - firstly, I am not a firewood business/competitor, but I want to get a good handle on the reality of the claims you make on your website and subsequently make a balanced judgement.

Hi, thank you for asking these questions I am happy to answer to them as they are not just words in our webpage.

We offer only carefully selected products, which are most suitable for open fires, multi-fuel burners, and firewood stoves.

How do you define 'most suitable'? Is this a quantified measure in any way?*

For example If you look at the market you can see different products – green firewood, seasoned firewood, kiln dried firewood – sometimes offered by one seller. How could customer know which one to choose? You can't take advantage of people who don't understand the importance of moisture content and take they just by price. We offer only kiln dried firewood because we can guarantee that the moisture content for all logs are below 20 % and we deliver best energetic value to our customers and do not cause harm to their wood burner. I would never sell to anyone anything I wouldn't use myself.

The same with heat logs- there are so many variations in forms, raw materials, packaging. We do not confuse our customers with all this, we offer only what we stand for – high quality. We have found how to deliver the best burning experience to our customers, that's why we offer birch heat logs for high and intense heat and bark briquettes to prolong the burning time for up to 6-8 hours.

I would define “most suitable” as best value for money with as possible minimal harm to environment and wood burner.

We focus on making the wood fuel purchase process less overwhelming, easier, faster, and more pleasant... Wood fuel ordering is easy. With just a few clicks, your order is completed on our website, and processed immediately.

How is this process 'less overwhelming/more pleasant etc.' and in truth, any different from ringing up and asking for a load of logs?

We focus only on online customers - so we have made our web page easy to use, informative, quick check out, no hidden costs.

We care about our environment. All of our products are sourced from well-managed, sustainable forests!*

What are the sources? Are you FSC or PEFC certified and could you produce a CoC cert? As you are selling prominently birch - I presume your source is a Scandinavian county (but will happily stand corrected). By what method is your kiln fired/heated, and exactly where is the drying taking place?*

In case you are wondering why all the questions - firstly, I am not a firewood business/competitor, but I want to get a good handle on the reality of the claims you make on your website and subsequently make a balanced judgement.

We source our products from FSC certified producers. Close, all our products come from The Baltics. Kilns are heated by wood chips and the firewood dried by hot air circulation in drying chambers.

How do you define 'most suitable'? Is this a quantified measure in any way?

We care about our environment. All of our products are sourced from well-managed, sustainable forests!

What are the sources? Are you FSC or PEFC certified and could you produce a CoC cert? As you are selling prominently birch - I presume your source is a Scandinavian county (but will happily stand corrected). By what method is your kiln fired/heated, and exactly where is the drying taking place?

Hi, thank you for asking these questions I am happy to answer to them as they are not just words in our webpage.

How do you define 'most suitable'? Is this a quantified measure in any way?*

For example If you look at the market you can see different products – green firewood, seasoned firewood, kiln dried firewood – sometimes offered by one seller. How could customer know which one to choose? You can't take advantage of people who don't understand the importance of moisture content and take they just by price. We offer only kiln dried firewood because we can guarantee that the moisture content for all logs are below 20 % and we deliver best energetic value to our customers and do not cause harm to their wood burner. I would never sell to anyone anything I wouldn't use myself.

The same with heat logs- there are so many variations in forms, raw materials, packaging. We do not confuse our customers with all this, we offer only what we stand for – high quality. We have found how to deliver the best burning experience to our customers, that's why we offer birch heat logs for high and intense heat and bark briquettes to prolong the burning time for up to 6-8 hours.

I would define “most suitable” as best value for money with as possible minimal harm to environment and wood burner.

We focus only on online customers - so we have made our web page easy to use, informative, quick check out, no hidden costs.

We care about our environment. All of our products are sourced from well-managed, sustainable forests!*

What are the sources? Are you FSC or PEFC certified and could you produce a CoC cert? As you are selling prominently birch - I presume your source is a Scandinavian county (but will happily stand corrected). By what method is your kiln fired/heated, and exactly where is the drying taking place?*

We source our products from FSC certified producers. Close, all our products come from The Baltics. Kilns are heated by wood chips and the firewood dried by hot air circulation in drying chambers.

I appreciate you are trying to offer a guarantee of sub 20% MC - but I think you are doing your customers a disservice if you think that they couldn't understand the difference between green, seasoned and kiln dried. People ask for green as they have the space to dry it themselves and want a cheaper price. Otherwise they ask for seasoned as they need dry wood to burn now. In my opinion, suppliers in the market place who, like yourself, praise the virtues of kiln dried being the best way to achieve sub 20% MC are doing the market, and importantly, the environment, a greater disservice then firewood suppliers who use air dried/seasoned as their method of controlling moisture content.

I also appreciate your statement that you won't sell anything you wouldn't use yourself as an indication of product quality. However, the fact that your principle product is birch is not a great sign either way. Of the common timber species used for firewood in the UK, eg oak, ash, sycamore, hazel, hawthorn etc., birch has the lowest calorific value and as a consequence, the lowest KWh/ODT (Oven Dry Tonne) output as well. You say these birch logs offer "high and intense heat", well when considering KWh/ODT, I would state that evidently they don't in comparison to other firewood types. Another way of looking at your comment is that this essentially means they burn fast and therefore don't offer great value to the customer. Mixing in bark briquettes simply means the customer has to use another product supplied by you ie another financial tie-in, in order to maximise their investment. However, simply a seasoned, mixed hardwood supply would have better heating results.

You say you get your product from FSC certified producers, but then side-step whether or not you would produce a chain of custody certificate. To my mind, without the CoC cert, stating that you operate a sustainable method is not tenable as there is no evidence to back it up. You may be able to get the evidence, but to me, the issue is what you are telling the customers from the perspective of your website or face-to-face.

Here is the biggest bug-bear though. How on earth do you think you are offering an environmentally friendly product that has been artificially heated to accelerate moisture loss, then the product is transported approximately 1750 miles (my estimate for general Baltic areas), accruing embedded carbon costs at every mile of the transportation? It simply does not stack up that just because you are selling a 'natural' product, that this is somehow 'environmentally friendly'! You are massively industrialising a product with significant impact on the environment, without any mention of accounting for these negative impacts, and yet, you still state to the customer that this is an environmentally sound product. It beggars belief.

In your words, you describe your product and services as "best value for money with as possible minimal harm to environment".

In my opinion, a cursory look at the facts and your methods of operation would indicate that this is anything but the case.