Industrial shredder

Celtictimber

We grind all of ours through a range of screens in an untha lrk1400, albeit no where near the quality of a disc/drum chipper it still gives a more consistent chip upto 50mm with minimal dust and so far our clients are very impressed with how their boilers run on it, it's 3phase but we've truck mounted it onto a 7.5 ton man truck as it will still run off a Genny, it'll do quite big oversize pieces (1mtr) and shred a whole lot of timber for not alot of money on the meter, we can also switch it to recycled timber(full of steel) when needed with no modifications provided the metal isn't overly big.

We grind all of ours through a range of screens in an untha lrk1400, albeit no where near the quality of a disc/drum chipper it still gives a more consistent chip upto 50mm with minimal dust and so far our clients are very impressed with how their boilers run on it, it's 3phase but we've truck mounted it onto a 7.5 ton man truck as it will still run off a Genny, it'll do quite big oversize pieces (1mtr) and shred a whole lot of timber for not alot of money on the meter, we can also switch it to recycled timber(full of steel) when needed with no modifications provided the metal isn't overly big.

Yea I've been looking at one of these they seem well made. What is the rough price of a new one, I can't seem to find a price anywhere?

Also how long wood it take to go through an 8x8x3ft oak beam - just so I can get my head around the speed?

Thanks for your time.

We got ours second hand direct from untha at boroughbridge, not sure what you'd be looking at new to be honest but used are out there and there's not a whole lot to go wrong, we had to get a new switch panel and a sparky to make it work with no warranty but we were away within the week, very well made considering the size of the thing and the teeth are only around 15 quid each and last for ages and can be turned once (4times if you want to squeeze them but times better spent with two turns) we lop everything at around 1.3mtr long as it tumbles easy and load it a grab load at a time, it'll chew through around 10-12cube an hour with a 50mm mesh, it should easy chew your beam in under 2mins no worries

Several years ago we used to buy chip from a sawmill that chipped the slabwood waste. Very good G50 chip straight out of the chipper with no screening needed. They used something like a 30kw Motor to drive it. It was quite slow but some of the best quality chip size wise I have come across. I've not dealt with them for many years and I believe there has been a change of ownership but I'll have a look today and see if I can find some contact details.

Several years ago we used to buy chip from a sawmill that chipped the slabwood waste. Very good G50 chip straight out of the chipper with no screening needed. They used something like a 30kw Motor to drive it. It was quite slow but some of the best quality chip size wise I have come across. I've not dealt with them for many years and I believe there has been a change of ownership but I'll have a look today and see if I can find some contact details.

Marley head sawmills South Brent or west country timber supplies as is now I believe. It was about 9 years ago I dealt with them so I cannot say if they still have it or use it, worth a call possibly.