Facebook sales?

pembswoodrecycling

I've seen somebody post on a local for sale Facebook page wanting logs.

Immediately six people jumped on the advert, some of whom offering 'a tonne of seasoned hardwood logs for £45'

They mean a builders bag I guess, I'm not trying to start the weights and measures thread again.

I sell 0.73 m.cube bags at £65 and sell all I can produce to regular customers who like my service and quality etc.

What are your experiences of Facebook sales?

The 'have a go Harry' brigade are starting to upset me a little, my next door neighbour told me last week that I'm way too expensive because they could buy wet softwood logs for £30 a cube and I'm more than twice that price. Wow!

Plenty of people selling builders offcuts etc cheap around here. It doesn't really bother me to be honest, normally the really cheap wood is because they get the wood for free so they can't sell much.

They'll be a good deal for someone if they can dry it but as long as you produce quality wood people will come back. If people question our prices which sound similar to yours I just direct them to one of the big online suppliers to show them how expensive it could be.

I've seen somebody post on a local for sale Facebook page wanting logs.

Immediately six people jumped on the advert, some of whom offering 'a tonne of seasoned hardwood logs for £45'

They mean a builders bag I guess, I'm not trying to start the weights and measures thread again.

I sell 0.73 m.cube bags at £65 and sell all I can produce to regular customers who like my service and quality etc.

What are your experiences of Facebook sales?

The 'have a go Harry' brigade are starting to upset me a little, my next door neighbour told me last week that I'm way too expensive because they could buy wet softwood logs for £30 a cube and I'm more than twice that price. Wow!

Much as yourself. Lots of bargain hunters and lots of it's a tonne for x. Not after this sort of customer and find our website filters out all the "what's your best price for load" brigade. I just want them to ring up and order and a website does that for us.

We've gained and lost customers for years as the next load from someone else is £10cheaper...even £5 makes the difference, sure enough the next time they buy the phone rings and it turns out the bargain logs they had weren't as dry as made out. Sell good dry firewood and you'll never be short of customers old or new

like everyone else has already said quality and put your price up better to sell half as much at twice the price. I'm getting 30% more than you for same size bag. you get the same old comments people wont pay that round here but if your logs are the right quality yes they will.

We have just done a competition on Facebook to win £145 worth of firewood. In 4 days we've had 450 shares and reached 45,000 local people. You can't do any other advertising that has that circulation for less than £150!

I know a friend that does this and he gets a lot of shares and likes etc