What documentation comes with artic loads?

MonsterMonster

I'm looking at buying an artic load of logs but I need to have proof of its legality and sustainability as I'm on the BSL as a producer/trader for my own RHI payments on our biomass boiler. I'm aware of FSC, PEFC, felling licences, chain of custody etc. but is this info supplied as part of the transaction? I'm looking at buying from large clearance contractors such as UPM Tilhill if possible through to smaller suppliers such as arb contractors.

Ta

Sent from my Alba 10" using Tapatalk

And decent, legit timber trader will have all those details for any timber felled. Grants, licenses, management plans the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but not necessarily to hand. Most artic drivers will just give you a weigh ticket unless you ask for more.

Hi I have about 4 arctic loads of timber available from a site clearance we have just done, but it might be a bit far as its in Essex. It's All ash, oak, syc, alder, crack willow and a couple of pops. About 100 tonne at a guesstimate, let me know if your interested, and I'll send you some pics cheers

• 1 year later...
On 07/10/2016 at 12:09, MonsterMonster said:

I'm looking at buying an artic load of logs but I need to have proof of its legality and sustainability as I'm on the BSL as a producer/trader for my own RHI payments on our biomass boiler. I'm aware of FSC, PEFC, felling licences, chain of custody etc. but is this info supplied as part of the transaction? I'm looking at buying from large clearance contractors such as UPM Tilhill if possible through to smaller suppliers such as arb contractors.

Ta

Sent from my Alba 10" using Tapatalk

Just to update my own post ... I bought an artic load of softwood earlier this year from Euroforest. I got a weighing receipt from the haulage driver showing quantity and a tick box for the FSC 100% Pure Chain of Custody certification and the sellers FSC cert number (Euroforest). They also sent me a scanned page of the felling contract that shows the felling licence number and again the Chain of Custody number.