Trak Met firewood processor - Any good

Celtictimber

Big J on here has one I think. Looked at them myself as a road tow version but looked like it needed more development. Poor work position, chips got chucked out straight into the wheel. Changing the blade looked like a PITA. Need a log deck as it's very high. On the upside lots of power and heavy build for the money.

I should stress that it was only the road tow version I saw and a free standing one may not have some of the issues. Also when I said blade I should have said chain. Don't know how easy the splitting blade is to change.

Come on Big J we need a proper review :thumbup1:

Edited by Woodworks

Sorry, missed the thread!

I have the semi automatic static electric version. I haven't used it that much to be honest with you (the primary justification was that the three of use that work at the yard all have stoves, burn 70 cube a year between us and hate chainsaws, splitters and axes!).

It's heavily built, very cheap and quite quick. The semi automatic seems to be quicker than the auto as you control the chainsaw cut speed. The splitter is fairly easy to change and I've not taken the chain off yet as I just sharpen in situ. It's cut about 60 cube so far but that's all we've done. I've been too busy with other things, though it might get a run at 40 cube of larch next week.