Sawdust/shavings available in Bolton

mmmartin

The oak would be good for food smoking, if you can separate the dust and keep it clean it's worth good money.

Most folk i know with work shops have large extraction machines which gather all the sawdust from different machines and blow it into several large bags or even a dust room, theres no separating it.

Walnut is very toxic, so is a no no for any animals.

As someone who produces quite a lot of sawdust (about 3 artic loads so far this year), trust me when I say it's not that easy to get rid of. After much buggering about, I've not got to the stage where the new operators of the local farm are taking it all for purposes that they haven't fully decided on. But given that they've just installed a huge biomass dryer and have cattle, it will get used.

Regarding the OPs question, with kiln dried chip and sawdust, it might well be best to invest in a small briquette press. They are slow and not that cheap to buy, but 4 cube is about 500kg or so? At £200 a tonne for briquettes, it will quietly and automatically work away to produce £5k a year of briquettes a year. I'm not sure where else you'd get rid of it as all of my outlets have been for animal bedding and the walnut is really nasty, I'm told.