Processor hire/contractor needed in midlands

marcus boniface

Hi there. I have about 25 tonnes of sycamore and oak in 2.5m lengths up to 18inches in diameter. Would like to either hire a processor or if anyone wants the work it can be done asap. Easy access and an overnight stay to have a few days at it would be no problem. Please contact Marcus on 07896561596. Located near Daventry. NN11 3YZ

Hi Marcus. welcome to the forum.

Think I spoke to you a couple of years ago re a stove and also played cricket with your Dad maybe 40 years ago at Watford.

Anyway the question, give Andy a call at the Jesus Army down at Heyford. He has a tajfun 400 and could probably do it for you although they will be busy picking fruit for a few weeks yet I expect.

Nene Valley Firewood Hardwood Logs Kiln Dried Logs Kindling Free Delivery

A

How much of it is over 14"?

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm not sure how much is over 14 but I would say roughly half of it. I will get over the side of the stack with a tape and get a rough estimate. Even if someone could rattle through the stuff they could do and leave the bigger stuff for me and my splitter. I have done some that way already but really busy on the farm now. Cheers.

Thanks for the reply. I have spoke to Andy thank you but he thinks it may be too big. You probably did play cricket with my dad and grandad. Not many Boniface's about! My dad is Damon and my grandad was also called Marcus.

Dont know anyone round here with a processor that will handle over 400mm stuff, maybe split it down. I could put you in touch with a guy with a screw splitter on a 7t excavator near Kettering but in the past he has been a bit unreliable. He would tend to do a job like that at the quieter times of year.

Your grandad is who I am thinking about, opened the bowling for watford, big beard, shepard from memory, very very accurate and economical bowler, I found it very hard to score off him, lovely man. Good times.

A

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm not sure how much is over 14 but I would say roughly half of it. I will get over the side of the stack with a tape and get a rough estimate. Even if someone could rattle through the stuff they could do and leave the bigger stuff for me and my splitter. I have done some that way already but really busy on the farm now. Cheers.

Did you get a chance to look it over?

• 2 weeks later...