end of an era with a bang

Busy Daddy

I gave up the rent on my yard nearly years ago now , the new guy was wanting to move in straight away , so we struck up a verbal deal that he would buy my remaining stock of approx 2-3 wagons of dry lengths stored inside for 2 years, loads of rings and a bit of mess to clean up deal done, as he only had 2 weeks to leave his old yard , thought i was helping him out i did.

Sent him the bill and waited , cant afford it at the moment , he said

He paid 2 small cheques then nothing , he dosent answer his phone, i told him if he cant afford it , to at least pay some , nothing

I text him i will have to take you to court , nothing

All the logs i have sold i have only had 1 loss , a bounced cheque for £80

It would have to be the last load i sold

The sad thing is he was a mate of mine

What should i do ????? GRRRRRR

Firstly have a huge resentful hissy fit, get it out your system! It's got to be done!

Then you will want revenge, get all that stuff rehearsed a million times in your head then realise you would never do it and just laugh it off!

Accept he was never a friend and only needed you for his own gains.

Now that the emotion is out the way! Get down to hard facts!

Get a Lawyer, give him the details and facts and then take it all the way!

Worse case scenario is you don't get paid, you might have to pay a few hundred quid for his costs and you have another life experience under your belt and you will feel better for standing up for yourself!

Firstly have a huge resentful hissy fit, get it out your system! It's got to be done!

Then you will want revenge, get all that stuff rehearsed a million times in your head then realise you would never do it and just laugh it off!

Accept he was never a friend and only needed you for his own gains.

Now that the emotion is out the way! Get down to hard facts!

Get a Lawyer, give him the details and facts and then take it all the way!

Worse case scenario is you don't get paid, you might have to pay a few hundred quid for his costs and you have another life experience under your belt and you will feel better for standing up for yourself!

It's easy to write Stevie off as a bit of a backwoodsman type knuckle dragging saw jockey.

Don't be fooled, he's actually a philosophical and psychological genius!

Is it a business issue or is it personal?

If the former, then it's part of the ups and downs of playing the game of business. So treat it as such, and don't stress about it.

Possibly one if the most idiotic things I've read on AT.

Edited by Stephen Blair

It's clearly business, get the emails printed off or text messages which you used to sort the deal out. Also the bank statements showing payment of some money which, I am no lawyer, shows acceptance of some kind of agreement. Then contact a local lawyer and pay for an hours time to sit down and have a chat. At which point you're informed enough to force the issue enough to decide if courts are required. Or could you change the locks return the money received with base rate interest and re float the sale?

Then in my book, it's in the category of blasting his knee caps at 3 o'clock in the morning in front of his wife and kids.

Dont forget that FEO's etc can read when your renewal comes up. Dont think you cant be traced to your real name you can.

Suggest that post is either removed or edited.

A

If the former, then it's part of the ups and downs of playing the game of business. So treat it as such, and don't stress about it.

Not even vaguely within the outer orbit of being funny. Not even in the same solar system of funny.

I've just spent a few days in Nothern Ireland, occasionally remembering too much about when kneecapping was a neanderthalic way of imagining that differences could be resolved. Wanna take your riduculous suggestion somewhere else than a website that is largely the public face of arboriculture? Or next best thing unequivically clarify that you didn't really mean what you said? Or generally just go away? Or think again about your interface with civilisation?

Have you anything whatsoever to contributre to arboricuture or the tree business on this question?

Edited by Stephen Blair

Or why nit cut out all the bull go down the yard and have a little chat with him, before you know it he will feel a little ilus easy as you've confronted him and will hopefully pay up or you can have a civilized chat on how your going to sort it out, as they say actions speak louder than words

Edited by Stephen Blair