Small airline

jjll

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get an airline for cleaning saws to run off a small generator. Or suggest something that might work.

The size of generator is too small to power the smallest electric compressor as I've been told they need 5x the power to fill the tank.

I'd want enough force to clear the crud from saws.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternatively you can get 12v DC compressors that will run from a car/4x4 battery if you're in a yard with no power, I've never used one myself but one might have enough blast to shift general crud. Handy for inflating tyres too.

Something like this maybe?

$_57.JPG

PORTABLE 150PSI CAR 4X4 VAN TYRE WHEEL 12V DC MINI AIR COMPRESSOR INFLATOR PUMP | eBay

No it's got to be off a generator as there is no option for mains.

I was told that a compressor tank takes a lot of power to start up and that my generator doesn't have the power. Think it's 780W

I did think along the lines of a pump, but wasn't sure if it would have enough force. Maybe il have a look at a few.

Got quite excited here when I read the thread title thinking I was going to be able to share my experiences of a recent flight to the Isle of Man on a 19-seater plane with 'Citywings'...a "small airline"...ah well.

What an interesting place though and quite liberating as they don't have the plethora of H&S regs we have to comply with here in England / UK. Felt kinda naked at first but soon enjoyed the breeze.

Cheers, n hope you get your 'airline problem sorted soon.

Paul

Got quite excited here when I read the thread title thinking I was going to be able to share my experiences of a recent flight to the Isle of Man on a 19-seater plane with 'Citywings'...a "small airline"...ah well.

What an interesting place though and quite liberating as they don't have the plethora of H&S regs we have to comply with here in England / UK. Felt kinda naked at first but soon enjoyed the breeze.

Cheers, n hope you get your 'airline problem sorted soon.

Paul

Ah yes, the Isle of Man.

20,000 alcoholics, clinging to a rock in the middle of the Irish Sea 😊

(Sorry, couldn't resist that!)

Used to go and watch the TT races there. Great place to visit.

No tax or H&S, what's not to like.

Ah yes, the Isle of Man.

No tax or H&S, what's not to like.

Wasn't quite that good, at least not as I understood it, but not as stringent as here in England.

Very interesting 'Tree Protection' legislation too, kind of a mix between the Forestry Act, in respect of controlling tree removals, and TCPA, in respect of works to protected trees.

Well worth a visit too, but not, ideally, in the p**ing down rain (I forgot the latitude is the same as the Lake District...a wonderfully lush, green place...and often very wet!)

Cheers..

Paul

I just wonders if a simple portable air tank that you simply fill would be of any use? It was that I looked into to clear the rads on the machine when mulching, but luckily I've never really had the need.

https://www.toolstoday.co.uk/sip-portable-24-litre-air-tank-with-pressure-gauge?gclid=CLTe4MH1tssCFQo6Gwod0FUKd

Eddie.