Timberwolf v Greenmech

Hobbsurf

Folks - I'm in a position to buy either the Timberwolf 125 or the Greenwich 130, the price is similar and it will be a new purchase.

Any feedback on preferences would be appreciated. I'm liking the 6 inch feed on the 130 v the 5 inch on the 125 but beyond that I'm neutral at the moment.

Cheers

Russ

Personally, and I do not own either, I would go for the greenmech. I have been looking into it for future, and judging by what others have said, especially regarding longevity of bearings, then greenmech seems to be the winner. I like the fact the blades can be turned three times before sharpening too.

Cheers Dan, got any more feedback 're what you've heard from others?

Russ

Just realised my auto correct on the first post put Greenwich!!!!!!

Doh

Greenmech have moved on with some of their features where timberwolf have stayed still. If you look on greenmech website at the way you can access everything and there are greasable bearings inside, plus there is a choice of engines on the machine you want.

The engine on the timberwolf is exposed and noisier, on the greenmech its all covered in. that also helps to stop the air filter clogging so easily. The greenmech is slightly heavier, and still under the 750kg weight. The fuel tank holds nine more litres too.

I have recently purchased a new Greenmech 130 with no regrets at all. Its a fantastic machine. My mate has recently bought a tw125 do I've had a chance to use both. They are both good machines and you won't be disappointed with either. The GM is longer and heavier than the TW but it has a brake. I don't mind it being longer as it is easier to see in the mirrors when reversing but if you have limited storage space it may be an issue. For me GM round blades, greasable bearings and wide infeed won the day but as I say the TW is great wee chipper too.