Show us your processor modifications

Woodworks

Sure many of you have had a tinker to make your machines work better.

Still have a few more things to add to ours but here are three modifications which have helped our Farmi

1. Extra roller on the infeed

2. Pull cord to activate the splitter while standing by the splitter

3. Single spit blade that can be dropped down to not split.

Be interesting to see what mods others have done

DSC05211.jpg.534fd0fab6d02469b3326d3e7d95b72b.jpg

DSC05209.jpg.40329da39715bf50a579cb5897463c51.jpg

DSC05208.jpg.4789f138738f12e9a1ff91842af0a835.jpg

I havnt made any adjustments to my processor as havnt felt the need to, so how do you find your modifications, firstly are they an improvement! and if sow why??

1.My one complaint of the Farmi is the large gap between the v roller and the infeed table. If handling shorter/less straight lengths they can fall down the gap. Added a roller to stop this. Looking at their promotional videos looks like the process long length 12' + out in scandinavia but get lots of 8-9' lengths here. The extra roller works perfectly.

2. Being able to use the machine as a stand alone splitter is very handy. Farmi do supply a very good mechanism for doing this but at a cost. My string and handle costs diddly squat. The Farmi mechanism is safer as you can't be by the blade when splitting but with my mod you can cut your hand off if you want!

3. Get lots of small diameter stuff here that you might want to split once and one end and not at all at the other. The extra blade make this very easy.

Should've said in the opening posts do these mods at your own risk! I am the only one who uses this machine so only endangering myself.

I'm going to make a mid roller for mine, got plenty 70mm box left over from making the trailer.

I've put a lever on the splitting side to use as a stand alone splitter, not in the least bit worried about this not being a two handed affair simply because the dead-man incorporated into the guard lid negates the need for a two handed splitting lever. There is no way your hand can get near the splitting axe or ram when the guard lid is down.

Like number 3 but not something I'd be using as I like the odd bit of near kindling size stuff in a pile

I'll post a couple of pics of the lever mod and the trailer tomorrow

I'm going to make a mid roller for mine, got plenty 70mm box left over from making the trailer.

I've put a lever on the splitting side to use as a stand alone splitter, not in the least bit worried about this not being a two handed affair simply because the dead-man incorporated into the guard lid negates the need for a two handed splitting lever. There is no way your hand can get near the splitting axe or ram when the guard lid is down.

Like number 3 but not something I'd be using as I like the odd bit of near kindling size stuff in a pile

I'll post a couple of pics of the lever mod and the trailer tomorrow

The safety downside to the extra roller is you create a trapping hazard as the table returns. I shortened the table extension and the roller is not fixed but has a pivot so if it gets pushed backwards so it can move out the way.

Had to mod our 6 way spitting attachment...

As the 'wings' that made up the splitting blades, were made of double edged cutting metal, instead of single edged, so that when you're splitting the wood going between the wings, they didn't 'nip' and were then split away from each other.

I'll try and get pictures next time I'm using it to show what I mean better.......