Blue tooth headsets

Stephen Blair

I have used these for about 8 years now, I'm on my second pair, I have found they are quite poorly made, my last set were a few hundred quid I think, worked great but after a few months packed in, so I got them sent away and fixed, they packed in again and have been on the shelve for about 4 years now.

I really need something as I have a new lad and I'm usually in a machine.

What are people using now? Are they tougher? I don't want radios, I need noise cancellation and Bluetooth!

Cheers :001_smile:

Hi Steve

Are you referring to the arborcom headset?

I had some of these originally and like you had to send them away to be fixed. Came back, broke again, repaired again and then I sold them before they broke yet again

Now use sena smh10 headsets. Way better, cheaper and can connect to up to 4 headsets.

Ive got the older, heavy version of these, same mount as the Stihl earmuffs

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/3M-Communications-Headset-MT16H21FWS5UM580-Reduction/dp/B00DHVXF2E]3M Peltor WS 100 Communications Headset MT16H21FWS5UM580, 20 dB Noise Reduction, Black: Safety Ear Muffs: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41dryB5KwZL.@@AMEPARAM@@41dryB5KwZL[/ame]

Pretty much every single grab waggon, tractor, digger driver has peltor comms headsets over here

Is this just for a phone or other things too ??

I have a Bluetooth speaker from halfords with a built in microphone just clips to the sun visor of whatever im driving or if out the machine can clip to my jacket was only 20 quid and is brilliant

Spence and I have been using the Senna 10's for a while now Stevie. Couple of minor niggles but overall we really rate them. Fit well on the side of a Pfanner Protos helmet. Think the wired mic may be the more rugged option, mounted down on to the face guard, as opposed to the boom version which we think is failing due to too much twisting, although we can't be certain.

Just got hold of another Protos so that an extra groundie or climber can join in.