Log store

Stoatally

I have a small log store at the top of the drive, out front of the house

I'm getting stocked up for next year and want to build a new more secure store in the back garden. Has anyone got any plans or designs?

Best methods, things I need to know about? I was thinking long and low rather than narrow and tall. Maybe 12 feet by 4 feet high? I know I need a good roof overhang.

Shall I make one or buy one? I've googled and looked on Amazon etc but they look REALLY expensive

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine. Its 7x16x8 feet deep. Takes about 8 tonnes, one side filling up while the other side is being used up. Rarely get both sides filled at the same time.

It was very cheap to make, four posts and some featheredge for the sides. The back is Cambridge walling (vertical slats). I'm going to put some doors on it one day just to keep the wind-driven rain off.

Or there's the small but very expensive one for sale at a local garden centre, about £179.

IMG_20150128_124028.jpg.03d211621ece0af0e07dc55c267a9e7b.jpg

IMG_20141124_113414.jpg.8aad9968b9f703bed5c5333e3c2439a3.jpg

Definitely build your own. Go to a garden centre and have a look at what they sell, like the one above, find something you like and then take some pictures and do it yourself.

The prices they charge is ridiculous once you realise they're just a basic frame with a bit of cladding and felt maybe.

I hate getting to a house to find a low log store ,real ball ache to bend over and try and stack everything in, (well it is at my age) try and find a happy medium, but build your own I say,

are you feeling old clive?:lol:

i needed to build a low one to hide it under the windows but there are two out back and a far few builders bags for storage.