What is it about ebayers?

flatyre

I just sold an ms250 on ebay and was very surprised at what it went for. However before it had even been shipped to the new owner he was sending messages requesting information about it, as soon as he received it he was picking out every little flaw with it. I have now received a refund request because the box it was in wasn't tough enough. What is it with ebayers who want a second hand bargain in showroom condition? Don't they understand the concept of 'used'? :thumbdown:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had same thing with a mobile once, the guy picked it up inspected it and all was fine and 2 minutes later phoned me wanting a partial refund (paid via PayPal before turning up) told him to bring it back and I'd give him a full refund. Then tried getting money back via eBay! They ruled in my favour that time

Like you say surprised at what it made, people blatantly get auction fever bid away, make such they win such items at all cost, then shortly after think ooooooooooh don't really want it or didn't want to give that for it.

Really does boil my p*** . People are such messers and chancers these days, lucky you hadn't sent it then got the old Paypal despute. Paypal generally favour the buyer.

I've given up selling on eBay unless it's something that has to be collected, still get the odd messer tho.

Bob :thumbdown:

Simply refuse to accept Paypal.

Can you do that, when I started using ebay you could opt to accept cheques, postal orders only but then it changed that you had to accept Paypal.

I know there's been a change to ebay/Paypal recently, have they again decided to allow a seller to not accept Paypal?