Branch logger

lilleylogging

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look interesting but no, I've not used one personally. I am not sure if there is a significant market personally. The logs are pretty small for firewood and too large for kindling. You might sell a few but it's going to be hard to make much from it on I my opinion.

People will buy any wood for fuel if it is ready processed & the right price. Branch loggers allow you to turn rubbish that would normally be chipped (except leafy stuff & conifer branches) into a more valuable product.

Which branch logger is right for you depends on how you sell the end product. The one in that video requires net bags & 2 people to operate it, one to feed the other to continuously faff about with the bags the type with the conveyors as shown below can be operated by a single person increasing productivity & the output can be directed straight into dumpy bags or as loose loads on a trailer but is obviously no good if you want to sell it by the net.

[ame]

[/ame]

i am glad these branch loggers have reappeared i am wondering if anybody burns this stuff in a gasifying boiler i would be very interested in speaking to somebody regarding this as i am having a serious think about one if anyone can answer my questions could you pm me

I burn branch logged hybrid Willow in a log burner and it is very easy to see that it would work well in a gasifying boiler. I load onto a bed of hot ash and instead of the wood burning it just sits there until it reaches a certain temp and then a blue flame burns about 3-4 inchs above the wood, it's interesting to watch in that it behaves just like a gas fire. The wood itself slowly turns black, the blue flame goes and the wood stars to turn to charcoal and embers beginning the cycle again.

i am glad these branch loggers have reappeared i am wondering if anybody burns this stuff in a gasifying boiler i would be very interested in speaking to somebody regarding this as i am having a serious think about one if anyone can answer my questions could you pm me

If anyone contacts you, could you ask them to start a thread on it please because I'd be very interested too.