Redwood Value - Roadside

GTW

Hi gang

Looking at a job and will need to extract a large Redwood.

The trunk is straight with a slight lean and approx 30m (estimate) to the top.

What would the trunk of something like this be worth from the roadside?

What lengths would it need to be cut too to get the most out of it?

I can supply some pics if needs be.

Cheers

Peter Hall

Green Tree Works

Access is really good, I don't think the client would want it milled on site tho, it's mainly to get it out and minimise the clean up, if it was worth something other than fire wood then I could allow for that in the price.

Cheers

Pete Hall

Green Tree Works

It is not really worth a lot "roadside" , also it's firewood value is poor as it does not burn very well and large lumps are hard work to log up .....However they might just be someone who wants it for carving or a particular project .... also haulage will impact on any value it has really , always worth asking on here though and anything is better than having to cut it all up and shift it your self though ... good luck !!

I may be interested in the tree.

We need to do a large fencing/outdoor furniture job at a not for profit community interest youth center that I help to run in London.

We need to fence about 40m and 2m high in length in a railway sleeper style and make a load of tables and benches.

I would have speak to my college about it and get a quote for the transport and depending on that we could maybe make you an offer.

Do you have any idea what the diameter at breast height is? Just trying to work out the weight of the timber.

Thanks, Will.