Victoria and Albert

eggsarascal

Its not like people kept voting her in:001_rolleyes:

The shortness of the British peoples memories and their ability to re-write history will forever astound me :001_rolleyes:

Can't argue with people voting her in.

My memory is very clear. The city I grew up in came to a stop. Pottery factories gone, Steel works gone, coal mining gone, council housing gone.

No re-writing...... FACT

The city never did recover. But hey ho, who cares about the industrial part of the country?

My memory is very clear. The city I grew up in came to a stop. Pottery factories gone, Steel works gone, coal mining gone, council housing gone.

No re-writing...... FACT

The city never did recover. But hey ho, who cares about the industrial part of the country?

Was she not simply accepting reality???

Was she responsible for cheap labour abroad???

A steel works here in the UK has just closed, but she has been dead for years, so you can't really blame her.

I'm in no way saying she was a saint, but she is not the devil some would wish to paint her, IMO.

No re-writing...... FACT

A steel works here in the UK has just closed, but she has been dead for years, so you can't really blame her.

I'm in no way saying she was a saint, but she is not the devil some would wish to paint her, IMO.

And the reverend Tony put everything right.:thumbup::lol:

Well in general you can't blame any political leader of Britain for starting a recession, because they ain't in general started here.

But you can look at how our leaders manage recessions..

In that regards, Thatcher was a joke, following an economic theory that had to be abandoned before the country ended up in the stone age..

So Yea, not only was Thatcher as bad as people paint her, she was worse than most people paint her...

I laughed my tits off when I seen her crying in the commons, and then to cap off a good day, the city institutions sent share prices upwards when she left....

Theres a ringing endorsement of her time in office in a nutshell...

Well in general you can't blame any political leader of Britain for starting a recession, because they ain't in general started here.

But you can look at how our leaders manage recessions..

In that regards, Thatcher was a joke, following an economic theory that had to be abandoned before the country ended up in the stone age..

So Yea, not only was Thatcher as bad as people paint her, she was worse than most people paint her...

I laughed my tits off when I seen her crying in the commons, and then to cap off a good day, the city institutions sent share prices upwards when she left....

Theres a ringing endorsement of her time in office in a nutshell...

Forgive me if I give little credence to the opinion of some one who thinks Labour hold no responsibility for the dire state of the countries current financial position :001_rolleyes: