Saw in range 346 - 372xp

Crispin

Hi

I use a 346xp regularly for firewood on the farm, great little saw. A while back I bought a 372xp from the US thinking it may be good to have something beefier in the armoury. To date I have never used the 372 and am thinking I may be better off with something in the range between the two as it is quite heavy.

High on my criteria are always built quality and durability. What would be a good choice for a saw between the two with this in mind, with ideally a 'professional' grade build. The 357xp may have been a contender but not sure if they are still made? Any advice most welcome, and suggestions for other brands (? dolmar/echo) that fit the criteria. Also, where would be a good place to sell the 372?

Thanks

Chris

Dont buy a 555, we have one and its never quite seemed right.

Something around the 560 could be good, lots of folks on here run them so you will get plenty of ideas. Dont know if you can still get a 357, guessing not sadly.

Arbtrader on here good place to sell a 372. or could make money on ebay but i would try to avoid it.

372 is a lovely saw, if i didnt already have one i would be interested.

Thanks, what would be the Dolmar equivalent Stubby, and are all those mentioned similar sturdy build?

There is a thread running now about the Echo . very positive reaction . Not tried one myself but on the face of it it would seem its a little bit heaver than the 560 ( but not much ) not quite as revvy but more torque . If you want to know about the Dolmar send a pm to " shavey " on hear .