Arb Business fantasy dream team

Luckyeleven

Here's a game for you, and one that the answers might provide some useful insight for those of us with limited budgets:

What tools and set up would you go for if you could only choose options from the 'budget section'?

Lets define it as this, 'In the cheapest 30% ish percent of the like for like options available'

I.e

Vehicles- Mogs and new 4x4's would be out of the question, you are looking at small vans and second hand tippers

Saws- Probably disregarding the big 2 brands

Harnesses and Climbing kit- Likely to be looking at yale and treehog products.

I realise its not as fun as playing with unlimited virtual funds but it could provide some debate as useful knowledge!

Assuming no 4wd required:

Peugeot 504GL pick up 5 speed 1993 Red | eBay

Peugeot 504 pickup (tidy, unbreakable, totally reliable) or Ford P100, both diesels. No modern electrics to add to costs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-p100-diesel-turbo-34000-miles-/111783927092?hash=item1a06d75d34

Echo chainsaw - lowest cost overall; prob competitive purchae price and no repair costs thereafter.

Chipper? GTM?

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Peugeot 504 pickup (tidy, unbreakable, totally reliable) or Ford P100, both diesels. No modern electrics to add to costs.

Yes still my favourite pick up and whilst it isn't 4wd the limited slip differential gets it out of trouble.

I still have a virtually unused rebuilt 2.3d engine in the garage needing a new home.

trani pickup truck.. any condition, if it drives it'll do..

chainsaw from car boot, fix it at your leisure..

rope?..... OK buy a bit of rope from the climbing centre

harness equipment?....ratchet strap tied round waist a couple of times thence round tree...

a good pair of loppers... you'll be using these a lot...

chipper?... that can wait till you have a bit of money...

rule of thumb, only take on jobs that allow for two return trips to dispose of waste cuttings....

Oh an don't be doing any tree work if tree is above guttering of house....

This method has served me well when called upon... cheap as chips, gets the job done..

ford p100 diesel turbo 34000 miles | eBay

Echo chainsaw - lowest cost overall; prob competitive purchae price and no repair costs thereafter.

Chipper? GTM?

I had a P100 new on a 'H' reg, 1990?, brilliant little truck, Rolled it into a farmers field.......... Being a knob!:blushing:

ford p100 diesel turbo 34000 miles | eBay

Chipper? GTM?

Hi John thanks heads up on picks years ago we had a 504 good truck of it day that truck be good pulling caravan at 40 mph thanks Jon