What HP Tractor?

fen01

As above really. I'll be using it primarily for towing a grain trailer which I intend to chip into, possibly some hedge cutting and running the firewood processor. I was thinking perhaps 100hp as a minimum really (not sure where I arrived at this figure) and over not got the trailer yet, but will be borrowing a 10t one fit the time being.

I would also like a loader or front links.

What HP do you think I should be looking at?

Cheers

Mark

I'm not sure what weight of chip I'll get in the 10t trailer. But I guess it's better to have a few HP to spare😁😁

At best you will get 8 tonne of chip in a 10 tonne trailer so 100hp will be overkill. More important would be get a tractor with air that will actually handle well on the road and a trailer which has air brakes.

I would look for 120hp

A johndeere 64-- is a very nice size tracto

Air brakes are not the be all and end all of braking

The width of the pads is important

Id rather tow with hydraulic brakes and 9 inch pads than air powered 4.5 inch pads

Also check that there is 2 brake pistons per axle as one is not enough

And most 40 kph tractors wont have air anyway

And small 50 kph tractors dont seem that common

The brakes on tractors supply a constant flow of oil to the trailer line so if you feel the need for for more braking force add more pistons although thats probally a better idea on 9 inch brakes only

120 hp will also power a 3 meter flail mower with ease and take a verge mower without falling over if you look at these in future