What do all think of this vw job

mendiplogs

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DPF's are only there to get diesel vehicles through the emission test, this is just an extension of that method, although more devious.

Personally I think its been known about for years and has only now made the press because it suits certain vested interests. At worst it's economic warfare, at best it's economic leverage. GM kill a couple of hundred people with a known ignition switch problem and get a 'small' fine. VW pollute, leading to no known 'attributable deaths' but who knows where their fine will end...

This issue has been kept on file and used as leverage, just like the child abuse issue. The question is 'why now?'

VW pollute, leading to no known 'attributable deaths' but who knows where their fine will end...

Don't think this is the case Diesel cars: What's all the fuss about? - BBC News

Not going to condone what they have done but I believe the US testing is based on output per gallon used but when you consider how inefficient American cars are VWs may well put out less pollution per mile than the US offerings.

Don't think this is the case Diesel cars: What's all the fuss about? - BBC News

Not going to condone what they have done but I believe the US testing is based on output per gallon used but when you consider how inefficient American cars are VWs may well put out less pollution per mile than the US offerings.

I agree completely.:thumbup1: My response was wrt the headlines; "VW's pollute 10-40 times as much as stated" at least thats what I'm seeing.

So, why in the headlines now?

They're going to get buried for this. And I suspect they won't be the only ones at it.

Interesting to think "why now", and to what end?

All the "so called" experts have been on the radio today saying how they've said all along that the test is useless and open to jiggery-pokery because of the self certified regime.

Where were their voices BEFORE it broke in the press?

I was only thinking of such a thread during the drive home:thumbup1:

You know what, I don't agree with penalising diesel and I dont think the manufacturers should even be bothering with all the bolt-on exhaust after treatment. Granted it's nice not to see old buses belching out clouds of smoke but where's the publicity about the Hydrogen Sulphide, Ultrafine PM etc from petrol cars? As usual, inherantly efficient compression-ignition diesel gets the bad press.

Sod the stupid emissions regs, I was an industrial emissions engineer for 13 years and if you think what VW did is bad, I could tell you a few stories...

This will make me more likely to buy a VW, not less. Haha.

I was only thinking of such a thread during the drive home:thumbup1:

You know what, I don't agree with penalising diesel and I dont think the manufacturers should even be bothering with all the bolt-on exhaust after treatment. Granted it's nice not to see old buses belching out clouds of smoke but where's the publicity about the Hydrogen Sulphide, Ultrafine PM etc from petrol cars? As usual, inherantly efficient compression-ignition diesel gets the bad press.

Sod the stupid emissions regs, I was an industrial emissions engineer for 13 years and if you think what VW did is bad, I could tell you a few stories...

This will make me more likely to buy a VW, not less. Haha.

Totally agree . :001_smile: