Clearview 500 stove

richardwale

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pals been told this is is the best stove for his requiremnets. Room is approx 25 x 12 ft stove is max 8kw output. What's the efficiency compared to a Burley or a Charnwood? He's been quoted £1300 plus vat.... My view is its all about efficiency, not so much the looks?.

Hi mate there ok not the best look at Morso there's better stoves out thanks Jon

My pals been told this is is the best stove for his requiremnets. Room is approx 25 x 12 ft stove is max 8kw output. What's the efficiency compared to a Burley or a Charnwood? He's been quoted £1300 plus vat.... My view is its all about efficiency, not so much the looks?.

Efficiency aside, the vision 500 flat top can be bought for £1250 inc vat ...

My view is its all about efficiency, not so much the looks?.

Clearview don't quote the efficiency on the Vision 500, which may suggest it's not as high as the competition...:001_smile:

I'm sure the Burley is supposed to be the most efficient stove in the world - Charnwoods have a high efficiency rating too. However, I think efficiency rating alone does not always equate to "the best stove" We have several stoves and the highest rated, efficiency wise, is certainly not the best...

I've been running clearview vision 500 flat top for 14 yrs and can't fault it. Every day for 8 months of the year. Great stove and only have to empty ash tray every couple of months. This idea of routing the air intake to prewarm works well and ensures complete burn of logs. I don't know about efficiency figures, but I love the controllability and it uses half the fuel of my previous stove. Its dead easy to light, It will stay in overnight if needs be on just a couple of logs, and ticks over on 1 log an hr, but if you want it on full volume it will burst into life in a minute or so and throw out the heat. Also this stove is one of the few 8kw stoves that will work on 6" diameter flue.

Downside is the need to replace baffles and fire bricks abit more frequently then I would have liked. Also paint stinks on first few burns till its cured. Door handle gets too hot to handle. minor problems! I love it.

I've been running clearview vision 500 flat top for 14 yrs and can't fault it. Every day for 8 months of the year. Great stove and only have to empty ash tray every couple of months. This idea of routing the air intake to prewarm works well and ensures complete burn of logs. I don't know about efficiency figures, but I love the controllability and it uses half the fuel of my previous stove. Its dead easy to light, It will stay in overnight if needs be on just a couple of logs, and ticks over on 1 log an hr, but if you want it on full volume it will burst into life in a minute or so and throw out the heat. Also this stove is one of the few 8kw stoves that will work on 6" diameter flue.

Downside is the need to replace baffles and fire bricks abit more frequently then I would have liked. Also paint stinks on first few burns till its cured. Door handle gets too hot to handle. minor problems! I love it.

Hi MATE why do have replace and baffles and fire bricks on a lot top stoves there cast baffle plates thanks Jon

My living room is 24' x 11' so very similar and I have a Clearview Pioneer 400P which easily heats the room...and the hallway.....and the landing! I've used it solid over the past two winters and it still looks new, I swept the flue yesterday in readiness for this winter and got 3 inches of soot in the bottom of my bucket in total. No complaints whatsoever. It may not be the most efficient stats wise but if it were any hotter, we'd need to leave the windows open :001_smile: