who prices when on holiday

jose

Quick question when you go on holiday what do you do regarding customers after quotes?

I am going on a real holiday for the first time in like 8 yrs plus and unsure what to do with the pricing side of things.

I have a couple of employees who will be working still but if they are working then they cant be pricing at the same time.

Also i employ them as climbers/ workers and not to do admin side of things. i dont think they would like to be doing this after work (that pleasure is all mine as owner).

Do you bosses out there change the answer phone to say you are unavailable for pricing for the next 2 weeks?

Last thing i want to do is spend half my hols down in a internet cafe responding to email!

Experiences/ advice very welcome

ps i have plenty of work on to cover the time im away and then some after i get back.

Many thanks

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once priced a job from images in an internet cafe in Zagora whilst travelling in the Sahara.

Now I leave that to my business partner and an employee who is a retired Arboricultural Consultant keeping his hand in.

Now I can enjoy my time away at last...

Ty

We reply to emails in the evening every day and hope the mobile doesn't ring. I leave a day free to get round all the quotes when back.

If they wont wait a few days for a quote then we wont get the job with a 6-8 week waiting list as they wont wait. for every customer that wants it done tomorrow cheaply there is another good customer waiting for you round the corner ;-)

If you say that this is your first proper hol in 8 years then I think you need to make the most of it and chill out ,has you say you have plenty of work on and to come back too you obviously have a good customer base so they will wait .

Has said change answer phone message.

Ste

Just returned from 2 weeks holiday myself.

I put landline telephone onto Answer Only Mode stating I was away until July 12th and due to the high volume of messages please feel free to contact us via the website..... And I will return your emails on my return.

The mobile was switched to divert if busy to the landline so any number I did not recognise I rejected and went straight to landline message.

On emails there is a facility to say your away on holiday until... And that instantly replies to anyone that emails you.

Yes proper one in 8 yrs!

i really dont want to be checking emails as i know that this turns into a few hrs and if possible phone calls too to get things sorted!

I think you got it spot on Daniel, i think that will be my basis for how i deal with it.

Cheers guys