New Radio

jamesd

I'm after a new radio for my shed and have been looking into "jobsite" radios, especially the makita. Does anyone have one or could make any other recommendations before i part with my money? I'm hoping that it will be able to put up with the dust etc..

This is the one i'm interested in:

Makita DMR106 Site Radio Bluetooth/USB 18V (Body Only) - Radios - Power Tool Accessories - Power Tools | Axminster Tools & Machinery

Cheers, James.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure I'd seen a millwalky 1 that was also DAB for less than that but it was a bit bigger but looked very strong, fancy 1 myself for in the yard save having to use 1 of the vehicle radios to entertain when spannering.

I've got what seems to be an older version of the radio in your link, been ok, its got seals on the battery door to stop dust getting in.

If your looking to keep it for a while, it might be worth getting a FM/DAB radio, because I believe the is talk of starting to turn off fm transmissions in a few years time, a bit like the digital tv switch over.

I've got what seems to be an older version of the radio in your link, been ok, its got seals on the battery door to stop dust getting in.

If your looking to keep it for a while, it might be worth getting a FM/DAB radio, because I believe the is talk of starting to turn off fm transmissions in a few years time, a bit like the digital tv switch over.

yeah i'm looking at getting the dab one, a bit more money as always!

A few friends have the DAB Makita radio and it would take some beating. Nice and solid, good sound quality plus the only load DAB that packs a punch when it comes to volume. Screwfix sometimes have an offer where you can get the DAB Makita for £100

I'm after a new radio for my shed and have been looking into "jobsite" radios, especially the makita. Does anyone have one or could make any other recommendations before i part with my money? I'm hoping that it will be able to put up with the dust etc..

This is the one i'm interested in:

Makita DMR106 Site Radio Bluetooth/USB 18V (Body Only) - Radios - Power Tool Accessories - Power Tools | Axminster Tools & Machinery

Cheers, James.

Hi James last week screw fix at them for 120 quid including VAT thanks John

A few friends have the DAB Makita radio and it would take some beating. Nice and solid, good sound quality plus the only load DAB that packs a punch when it comes to volume. Screwfix sometimes have an offer where you can get the DAB Makita for £100

ok cheers does anyone know the difference between the models dmr106 and dmr104?