Shambolic?

Gardenmac

Is it normal practice on a busy main road to have a flat back parked in the direction of oncoming traffic with no warning signs and for the flat back to have a guy with no ear defenders, helmet or harness, standing on the back as the vehicle moves, cutting the hedge!!!!!

We recently lost a large roadside Lawson removal job to a local weekend wood warrior.

I cycled past on a Sunday (making a noise forbidden here on Sundays) and saw this chap with zero ppe, fag in mouth, back cut only no gob and a mini digger working from the road (no cones, signs etc) pushing the trees back over into the garden.

Machine driven by his missus holding a toddler with Downs syndrome on her knee.

Just as I stopped the tree he was felling got swung around almost 180 degrees by a combination of the felling cut, the machine bucket slipping off due to the toddler screaming and wriggling as well as the vines which had grown up into it and its neighbours. The tree crashed down blocking the road and trapping the guidebar of this blokes saw bending it like Beckham.

As it was his only saw (a top handle by the way) the tree could only be moved a little but enough to let cars by with a scratch or two.

Wood warrior then sat down on the kerb whilst his wife handed him a bottle of Muscadet.

Sadly, being a Sunday cycle and my one moment of utter peace I didn't have my mobile on me with which to film it all.

Ty

Is it normal practice on a busy main road to have a flat back parked in the direction of oncoming traffic with no warning signs and for the flat back to have a guy with no ear defenders, helmet or harness, standing on the back as the vehicle moves, cutting the hedge!!!!!

sounds like a mobile stop go boards job

We recently lost a large roadside Lawson removal job to a local weekend wood warrior.

I cycled past on a Sunday (making a noise forbidden here on Sundays) and saw this chap with zero ppe, fag in mouth, back cut only no gob and a mini digger working from the road (no cones, signs etc) pushing the trees back over into the garden.

Machine driven by his missus holding a toddler with Downs syndrome on her knee.

Just as I stopped the tree he was felling got swung around almost 180 degrees by a combination of the felling cut, the machine bucket slipping off due to the toddler screaming and wriggling as well as the vines which had grown up into it and its neighbours. The tree crashed down blocking the road and trapping the guidebar of this blokes saw bending it like Beckham.

As it was his only saw (a top handle by the way) the tree could only be moved a little but enough to let cars by with a scratch or two.

Wood warrior then sat down on the kerb whilst his wife handed him a bottle of Muscadet.

Sadly, being a Sunday cycle and my one moment of utter peace I didn't have my mobile on me with which to film it all.

Ty

That's totally unacceptable! Muscadet with no grilled sardines, well out of line!