Tractor log splitter for long and short logs?

william127

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the Krpan does both pretty well. The detachable table is a bit too small and low but think this is case with all the models on the market. Soon fixed with a big block of wood and some steel plate.

These are the others that were on my shortlist but the Thor was probably my second choice as it splits 120cm

Thor magik 13

Posch

AMR from Fuelwood)

Titanium and Balfor from Riko.

Yes the Krpan does both pretty well. The detachable table is a bit too small and low but think this is case with all the models on the market. Soon fixed with a big block of wood and some steel plate.

These are the others that were on my shortlist but the Thor was probably my second choice as it splits 120cm

Thor magik 13

Posch

AMR from Fuelwood)

Titanium and Balfor from Riko.

The table on the Thor is exactly right. I've used a krpan and it's a great splitter just feels a little awkward. Plus it's French isn't it :001_tt2:

Has anyone got a tractor log splitter that can do lengths of about 1 meter and also works well with short, knotty rings? Thanks, William.

Hi William is this a question or are you looking to buy one.

Got a 30t binderberger horizontal with log loader, great for breaking down big timber to billets up to 1.2 m or just load on rings as long as they are cut straight.Anything too big and just put straight on with crane.Got 2 4 and 6 way splitter.Very good build quality.

Cheers Chris.

Hi William is this a question or are you looking to buy one.

Got a 30t binderberger horizontal with log loader, great for breaking down big timber to billets up to 1.2 m or just load on rings as long as they are cut straight.Anything too big and just put straight on with crane.Got 2 4 and 6 way splitter.Very good build quality.

Cheers Chris.

It's a question for the future really, I haven't even got any logs to do at the moment, thanks for the offers though everyone.:thumbup1: