VE Day

csservices

So as you all seem to embroiled in the election even though its done and dusted, hows about spending 5 minutes to remember those who fought and died so you could have the chance of that vote, lest we forget.

Great post CS.

We should never forget.

We had a beacon lit by one of our war veteran residents and local cadets along with a street party with all that goes with that.

Very emotional for all concerned when the last post was played, as it had just started raining so everyone young and old was assembled indoors huddled together. Must have been a hundred or so guests.

I was stuck out in the rain keeping the pyrotechnics dry waiting for my cue.

We don't know how lucky we are IMO.

Seems more relevant to me this year as with the loss of my gran at the end of last year all that generation from my immediate family are now no longer with us, booked in for a rememberance tattoo in october as a mark of respect and rememberance to the fallen.

So as you all seem to embroiled in the election even though its done and dusted, hows about spending 5 minutes to remember those who fought and died so you could have the chance of that vote, lest we forget.

Hi MATE GOOD POST mate well done your right there thanks Jon

Very mixed emotions over the VE weekend. My father did his bit in Africa and Italy and lost a fair few of his pals on the way. At the end of the war Dad was stationed in Trieste keeping Tito's Yugoslav mob away, and it's where he met my mother.

The timing is all the more poignant because I am off to Italy next week to scatter their ashes in the Bay of Trieste.

We must never forget the sacrifices made by so many, so that we can enjoy freedom and democracy.