Good book scores?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did have to pay a local 'man and van' at Stafford to collect, wrap and forward them with courier though. The seller, Stafford Library Service, wouldn't post them. I think that was another twenty pound:biggrin:

Principles of Forest Pathology Principles of Forest Pathology Book | F. H. Tainter F. A. Baker HB NEW WLY | eBay was another good find £35, brand new from India.

I did have to pay a local 'man and van' at Stafford to collect, wrap and forward them with courier though. The seller, Stafford Library Service, wouldn't post them. I think that was another twenty pound:biggrin:

Principles of Forest Pathology Principles of Forest Pathology Book | F. H. Tainter F. A. Baker HB NEW WLY | eBay was another good find £35, brand new from India.

I'm looking at that book and the 2014 version is an 'Eastern Economy' edition. Is the material inside different, therefore?

Not having a US edition too, I can't compare. Have a look here: BookFinder.com: Search Results (Matching Titles)

I found this about International Editions, "An international edition is a textbook that has been published outside the U.S. International editions are often cheaper than the U.S. version. Customers located in the U.S. can now purchase international edition textbooks. However, the publishers of international editions generally do not authorise the sale and distribution of international editions in Canada, and such sale or distribution may violate the copyrights and trademarks of the publishers of such works."

I'm sure that they're the same books apart from ISBN numbers and sometimes covers, not updated from the original 1996 edition, just reprints.

Here's hoping one arboriculturalist decides to offload his or her tree books in a charity shop near me!

I did find Ancient Trees: Trees That Live for a Thousand Years and Hugh Johnson's International Book of Trees for around £15 total from a charity shop recently, though that's not a huge saving given their lowish price anyway.