sc252 number of teeth

64treefrog

Can anyone give me a definitive answer as I cant find it myself!!

It seems general opinion is that less teeth on the 252 is better, quicker, ??

I have a full compliment of 'super teeth' on at the mo

Thinking of changing over to a replaceable tooth type, as in yellow jacket but am uncertain as to the number.

help

Hi Chris. I pick up a Vermeer SC30TX next week with yellow jacket teeth, how do you rate them? I have only used Multi tip and finger teeth before. I'm very impressed with the multi tip on my Predator 450, which by the way I convinced the French dealer to take in part ex for the Vermeer, but want to give the yellow jacket a good go before I change to multi tip.

Already done Stu. Still getting a few misers who baulk at ANY price you offer. My workmates, Darren Shepherd of Vienne Trees Services and Nick de Sylva of Abracadabra have been telling me for ages to charge more. Spoke to another pal, a French tree surgeon yesterday and he agreed that I don't ask enough. I've got to the stage were I am giving a fair, but to my mind a wee bit too inflated price and it seems to work. got approached by a foreman from the local council, who knocked on my door, to quote for a job in town, just before Xmas. Put the paperwork in to the office, waited 3 months knowing that the new budgets were starting ,to be told by the gaffer that HE decided who gets the work, not his foreman. Problem here is that every bugger is related, almost as bad as when I lived in Dorset!

I'm going to see how I get on with yellow jackets before I make any decisions to change. The new machine is an ex hire with only 15 hours on the clock from my local dealer and it's fitted with yellow jackets so I have to give them a good try. Get it Tuesday, out working on Wednesday so will see how we get on. Should save my knees a bit of pain after 3 years with the Predator 450! Brilliant bit of kit but hard work at my age, find it difficult on slopes ad sometimes actually getting to the stumps on rough ground leaves you knackered before you start. Be sorry to see it go.

Dave,

When you've a big shiny machine to show your clients when you go to quote, I find they accept the price easier.

Many people LIKE to pay for something that looks awesome in action.

So I show them short videos on a tablet or direct them to our FB page.

Ty

Stu, I always take a photo album with me to show, plus I go in the van with whatever machine I am using at the moment. The adverts I pay for on AngloInfo plus the three free magazines all have my website on so I get lots of emails via that. The bloke who did my website has added a page in French but it seems to have slowed everything down when it loads. he knows he's messed up and hasn't asked me for the payment, I think he's embarrassed with it! Can't change the photos to show more kit or different jobs I've done. Very frustrating.

Chris, I will let you know what I think of the yellow jackets when I try them, thanks for your input. Se what they compare to multi tip.