560 8 tooth sprocket bar heat

Wood wasp

Changed from 7 to 8 tooth last night but today I've noticed the bar is hot, I'm running 15" 3/8. Turned oil to max but bar is still hot, any ideas why this might be? It's cutting lot faster obviously although doing sycamore today instead of usual softwood so not had chance to do like for like comparison.

I didn't add extra link to chain as it fitted, whether a new chain without extra link will fit is another matter.

Changed from 7 to 8 tooth last night but today I've noticed the bar is hot, I'm running 15" 3/8. Turned oil to max but bar is still hot, any ideas why this might be? It's cutting lot faster obviously although doing sycamore today instead of usual softwood so not had chance to do like for like comparison.

I didn't add extra link to chain as it fitted, whether a new chain without extra link will fit is another matter.

I run an 8 pin on mine but its a .325 so not as big as a 3/8 so not quite as fast . Mine oils fine on an 18" bar .

Bigger chain, faster speed it will get hot, the 562 has a higher capacity oil pump to cope with 3/8 and longer bars, when you say hot, how hot? did you ever check how hot the bar was before the change?

Thanks Stubby, any idea why my bar could be getting hot?

Can you see a whitess stripe of oil on a fresh cut " white face " if you run it close to the cut face ? If not its not oiling properly . If yes then I can only assume its the extra speed If the chain is not too tight and the bar in good nick .

It's same bar and chain, just changed from 7 to 8 tooth sprocket. Bar never used to get hot, now it's almost (but not quite) too hot to touch which can't be right.

I might have look at clutch/sprocket tomorrow to see if something's catching and generating friction