isuzu nkr or isuzu grafter?

mowingjamie

Looking at the isuzu range of 3500kg trucks for sale, the NKR is slightly older and a little more miles but a fair bit cheeper than the grafter. Id much perfer the grafter as it looks a little more modern but the money will probily have the end result. So which one is best? and for what reasons?

2007 (07) NKR 122,000 Miles £4900 Dropside, needs towbar fitting

2008 (58) GRAFTER 112,000 Miles £6800 Dropside, Taillift, needs new dropside panels.

Allways a bit wary of the mitsubishi canters with electrical faults and engines at that milage but what are the isuzus like at such high milage? Any known faults with these? Dont really want to be replacing engines at all!

Cheers

Jamie.

The grafters are nice trucks to drive far nice than the nkr! I'd be very wary of buying one though, parts are mega money and they're at the age they're going to go wrong. The burn off thing needs resetting by an Isuzu dealer, tyre wear unevenly on the front, brake pads are nearly £200, windscreen over a grand (admittedly through autoglass)

I would be spending that kind of money on and old one.

As I said though the grafter is a nice vehicle, turning circle is excellent and it tows 3.5t without any issues at all.

R

i see theres a 2007 nkr 83,000 miles tail lift tow bar - £4900 + vat on ebay, 3.0l 150hp, sounds perfect to what i need, a little over priced mabe, so at 83,000 miles would it still be a no go when buying at this age? do these have any known faults to look out for? engines reliable? the downside would be then parts being expencive then? how easy are they to work on? cheers again guys!

I run a 2008 nkr with 55k on the clock,bloody good truck and easy to work on with the tilt cab, been v reliable and isuzu engines are strong,ride quality is crap compared to a van but turning circle is amazing,as a working truck there bloody good.

The grafters are nice trucks to drive far nice than the nkr! I'd be very wary of buying one though, parts are mega money and they're at the age they're going to go wrong. The burn off thing needs resetting by an Isuzu dealer, tyre wear unevenly on the front, brake pads are nearly £200, windscreen over a grand (admittedly through autoglass)

I would be spending that kind of money on and old one.

As I said though the grafter is a nice vehicle, turning circle is excellent and it tows 3.5t without any issues at all.

R

Hi mate why front pads £200 this price is fitted yes not just price of the pads thanks Jon 👍👍👍