Help Required

Koba

Hi All,

About 3 yrs. ago I bought a cheap chinese chainsaw model MT 999 52cc mainly to find out if it was any good. The engine has always been pretty good despite not pumping out as much power as a 52cc motor should and starts without fail in any weather. However little if any bar oil is now getting to the 20inch bar despite in depth cleaning and blowing out with compressed air.I have removed the oil pump and cleaned it out and tested it and it works well with oil getting to the oil port on running. A farmer friend of mine has the same problem with the same type of saw and I have tried without success to help him out.

Is it possible that the oiler hole on the bar is too small and should be drilled out larger. I have quite a few other chainsaws which I service and maintain myself and have always managed to solve problems but his has completely stumped me. Any help would be appreciated.

Is it possible that the oiler hole on the bar is too small and should be drilled out larger.

its possible but its far more likely that the Chinese built rubbish saw has had its short day:001_rolleyes:

Ah well back to my 10yr.old 211. At least the Chinese thing lasted longer than the Husky 236 that I recently binned!!!

Ah well back to my 10yr.old 211. At least the Chinese thing lasted longer than the Husky 236 that I recently binned!!!

Was the 236 oil pump still working ? You can get a new Chinese saw for £60 on eBay or gumtree and someone must break them for spares or you can get a pump delivered from Hong Kong for £4.27 including post via eBay.

I have a £69 / 58cc chinese saw and its cut around 13 tons of 40 inch+ diameter firewood as a one off job for me so no complaints. The engine and oiler is still fine but the bar and chain is very soft and need replacing. Mine has an adjustable oil flow which I turned up to max as all cuts it with have been full bar length. Might be worth checking if your saw has the same adjuster and if it has could be blocked at that point.

I have a £69 / 58cc chinese saw and its cut around 13 tons of 40 inch+ diameter firewood as a one off job for me so no complaints. The engine and oiler is still fine but the bar and chain is very soft and need replacing. Mine has an adjustable oil flow which I turned up to max as all cuts it with have been full bar length. Might be worth checking if your saw has the same adjuster and if it has could be blocked at that point.

Cheers mate. The oiler is working OK as i have tested it with the clutch cover removed but there is little if no oil running along the bar. I have an adjuster and turned it to max. but with no change. I was just wondering if I drilled out the oiler hole to a larger diameter would it make any difference. I have plenty of other saws which are working perfectly but this problem is really bugging me and I would like to solve.

Cheers mate. The oiler is working OK as i have tested it with the clutch cover removed but there is little if no oil running along the bar. I have an adjuster and turned it to max. but with no change. I was just wondering if I drilled out the oiler hole to a larger diameter would it make any difference. I have plenty of other saws which are working perfectly but this problem is really bugging me and I would like to solve.

Tomorrow evening I will try to compare oil hole sizes between my Chinese bar to my small mount husky. I believe they copied an old husky saw so should be the same.

Presumably its not something simple like the bar missing a hole on one side or misaligned so when you turned the bar it cuts the oil off?

Never had a problem so not sure what's involved but can you take the adjuster out for cleaning?

To prove where the problem is, have you or could you borrow a husky bar you could swop as a trial.