How to Go about putting a bid into council for possible works that you have spotted

AJchainsaws

If there is a better place for this post please move it and let me know thanks.

Ok so i was taking my Dog for a walk today after work (short term contract) :(

and around my area theres a public footpath that goes over the railway through a forest over another railway and a stream, now with all the Winds that have been going on today i finally actually paid attention to the trees, yes ive walked this same route for months and never paid any actual attention to the state of the trees as ive always worked for other companys. Now that iv actually been looking at it the trees are in terrible shape broken branches here split trees there and is quite dangerous for the unwary pedestrian who wouldnt be looking above their head i reckon this footpath goes about 3-4 miles through from 1 town through another into another, and ive thought to myself there is some good work to be done here without the need of any serious machinery wouldnt neccersarily even need a chipper. i have my own chainsaws and qualifications

CS 30,CS31 and can get my own public liability insurance and a team of lads willing to do the work. my only problem is what else do i need, and how to put it to the council without them deciding to send in one of their normal contractors, i mean we would cut and remove all timber so thats not an issue, any advice would be appreciated sorry about the essay :) including bid price ideas

Sorry to sound negative but If your council is like min they won't have any money to pay for work like that, they would only use their contractors......however you don't get anywhere in life by not trying so ring your council and find out who deals with this sort of thing and approach them. You would need insurance, risk assessment and method statements, first aid etc.

.however you don't get anywhere in life by not trying so ring your council and find out who deals with this sort of thing and approach them. You would need insurance, risk assessment and method statements, first aid etc.

Excellent advice, just go for it , at the worst they will say no. But they cant say yes unless you ask.

The one by the college? I was assuming it was your land rover? Road becomes a path or has bollards or something similar from

Memory

That's me. They did a bit further up but the they have given the lane away now to the college now. They got a lot of complaints about that so the local councilor sorted it. I have been assured by the local TO that they ain't got money to spare. Did u live round here?