Looking for first chipper

Brooklandsbob

I'm looking for my first chipper I've viewed a couple so far, but before I make my final decision I thought I'd see if anyone has any advice or knows of any for sale. I'm doing mostly domestic but have some work on large properties and some farms. I must say I really like the look of the Schliesing 200mx but can't find one in my budget which is 7k. As I'm not VAT registered I'm trying to buy privately for cash. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. I'm located in East Anglia and as I'm a senior citizen I have no weight restrictions :001_smile:

ps. got to get something this week!

I'm looking for my first chipper I've viewed a couple so far, but before I make my final decision I thought I'd see if anyone has any advice or knows of any for sale. I'm doing mostly domestic but have some work on large properties and some farms. I must say I really like the look of the Schliesing 200mx but can't find one in my budget which is 7k. As I'm not VAT registered I'm trying to buy privately for cash. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. I'm located in East Anglia and as I'm a senior citizen I have no weight restrictions :001_smile:

ps. got to get something this week!

I very recently bought my first chipper as well and was sort of in the same situation as you. I done a lot of research and eventually went for a Jensen A530. After reading a lot about all the makes the German made machine just made sense in terms of availability of parts and reliability (I was also looking at the Schliesing but was also just outside my budget). Have a good look on here there's almost a thread on every topic and then just get in touch with people. I had to take the VAT hit in the end but I am really happy with the machine. Good luck.

I been advised that Greenmech are easier to maintain that Timberwolf which is of course an important point. Has anyone got any knowledge if maintenance on other makes?

try arborcut .talk to matt, hes got a few jensens on offer you may be able to twist his arm , mention my name iv delt with him for 10yrs :001_smile: