Husqvarna Chinese copies?

Johnleddo

I'm sure this will have been discussed here before but a bloke stopped out side my house the other day trying to sell me a Stihl chainsaw, it was all wrapped up in cellophane but even through the packaging it was obvious it was a copy, so I'm wondering if anyone has had experience of husqvarna copies and are they as easy to spot as the Stihl ones?

I'm sure this will have been discussed here before but a bloke stopped out side my house the other day trying to sell me a Stihl chainsaw, it was all wrapped up in cellophane but even through the packaging it was obvious it was a copy, so I'm wondering if anyone has had experience of husqvarna copies and are they as easy to spot as the Stihl ones?

Mostly yes . However the 365/372 copies were the actual engine is of ....careful now stubby ....Chinese origin ( probably Zomax ) but the rest of it , the exhaust , the crank cases , all the plastics are made from Identical to OEM but actually after market parts it is harder to detect unless you are a hardened Husky fan .

• Like 1

They usually try and sell them as 395 xp .any one could spot the difference .but the most obvious characteristics are the yellow sticker on rear handlecand the horiblecsilver on off toggle switch.if in any doubt don't buy and go to a registered dea!led.jake

and the obvious one the engine is about half the size of a 395

Last year on business in NI I came across Zomax saws in 5 different Husky dealers all branded Zomax and in white and black colours, all 5 dealers said that the 3 models 42, 52 and 65cc saws had never had a problem and that their customers loved them. The price reflected that they were homeowner/farmer saws but they did the job.

And they have magnesium crankcases with two bearings, walbro carbs and a good Oregon bar and chain. I have never seen Zomax in the south of the UK.