Gopro 4 v iphone 6 video

RC0

The title probably doesnt mean anything to anyone here....it came about through a discussion I had with a colleague just recently....the other guy in the tree as it turns out. Hes a big fan of apple products. Anyway, some footage from a big fir I posted some pictures of last week.

Use HD setting

A nice video. I think the iPhone is maybe a little sharper. And also has a little more contrast but not too much. But the GoPro handles differences to light intensity, (when the shot has a lot of backlight) better and slightly quicker.

Now I can see that for the occasional vid, the iPhone 6 would be the answer. But considering how much data is stored on MPs these days. And the fact that it presumably would be your primary, (maybe only) MP. If it all went honey shaped, on the one hand you'd lose a camera. And the other, you'd lose a camera, your MP, a whole bunch of stills you'd taken that day, and maybe a whole lot more, plus your latest status symbol.

And have you, (not the OP) seen the size of the '6. Thin it may be but it's the size of a small tablet. And the G4 is £279 all in. Whereas the i6 is at least £450 - £610 depending on the memory. Which one would you prefer to drop on the floor or out of a tree?

Edited by TGB

A nice video. I think the iPhone is maybe a little sharper. And also has a little more contrast but not too much. But the GoPro handles differences to light intensity, (when the shot has a lot of backlight) better and slightly quicker.

Now I can see that for the occasional vid, the iPhone 6 would be the answer. But considering how much data is stored on MPs these days. And the fact that it presumably would be your primary, (maybe only) MP. If it all went honey shaped, on the one hand you'd lose a camera. And the other, you'd lose a camera, your MP, a whole bunch of stills you'd taken that day, and maybe a whole lot more, plus your latest status symbol.

And have you, (not the OP) seen the size of the '6. Thin it may be but it's the size of a small tablet. And the G4 is £279 all in. Whereas the i6 is at least £450 - £610 depending on the memory. Which one would you prefer to drop on the floor or out of a tree?

Maybe you have to see the raw files, on 15 inch + screen....because it's not even close. The gopro by a mile. The iPhone is about as good as my very first helmet camera ie can't focus on anything moving, confused by mass textures like bark and foliage, confused by the light, lacks definition. Apple files always look good on a phone, but not when you watch them on a full size screen.

Reg,

This couldn't have come at a better time. I was only this weekend gone looking at GoPro's and wondering which to get. The 4 silver has the led screen on the back right? How are you finding it overall? Do you use the wrist band on/off control with it, or the app, or neither or both? :lol:

Beginning to wish i purchased one for tomorrows job now but i guess there will be others.

Cheers

James

Reg,

This couldn't have come at a better time. I was only this weekend gone looking at GoPro's and wondering which to get. The 4 silver has the led screen on the back right? How are you finding it overall? Do you use the wrist band on/off control with it, or the app, or neither or both? :lol:

Beginning to wish i purchased one for tomorrows job now but i guess there will be others.

Cheers

James

Thats right James, it has a touch screen on the back. I was never a believer in gopro until I got this unit. The video quality is second to none....although I dont like the wide angle view, its not realistic. The mountings are totally solid, as are the many mounting accessories available, spare batteries, cases etc.

I just tend to reach up and hit the on/off-stop/start buttons. You just have to learn to distinguish the various beeps. I can only speak from my own experience of course, but am totally happy with the 4 silver so far.

What is the battery life like on the 4 silver Reg?

Does the LCD screen zap the life out of it?

They say an hour or just over. You can also turn off the screen. I don't know because I switch the whole unit off between recordings. I never leave it on. And keep a spare battery in the case. With the med view, I must say it's the most true to life I've seen. The wide angle I don't like.