iveco daily mwb 3.0l 150hp review please, help!

mowingjamie

hi guys, after a little of your great knowledge again... given up on the 4x4 thing now, currently run a navara king cab 2007 55,000 miles and tow ifor 12ft for the grass cutting and building work. Was looking at going down the defender 130 route and a small van but cant get a real tidy (im really fussy) defender for my money. I have next to no idea on repairing trucks/vans and have been very lucky so far as never needed anything other than service, brakes etc so looking to keep up this good luck on my next purchase.

Was looking at a iveco daily van, mwb twin rear wheels, 3.0l 150hp. Sounds on paper to be perfect, 3.5ton van and 3.5ton towing. Should be hell of a lot better than the navara for towing which i hate towing with, allways seems very unstable... Now these are almost related to fiat, been there before with fiat vans and dont rate them. Seen a 2007 with 80,000 miles for about £4500, this would simply be a work van, complete workhorse towing etc and no doubt will be abused... So whats your view on these ivecos at that age, milage, towing? I know most of you guys will be running these as tippers but basically the same thing.

Would get a small van/car for everyday driving around, weekends etc so the £4500 will give me about £4000 to spend on getting this. My hope for this to to save on fuel bills which is costing me about £50-£80 per week for about 150 miles running the navara everywhere. Always had a thing for those bipper/nemo vans with the 1.3 diesel engine which simply dosent use fuel and are cheep as chips to buy used for basically new.

Any reviews would be very welcome on my plans, the vans and any ideas too.