Hycrack pto shaft fitting?

njc110381

Hi guys. Before I give up and phone the makers, does anyone know what sort of fitting I need to get when I replace the shaft on my Hycrack splitter? I only know splined fittings but this one is round and held on with a shear pin. Would that mean it's a pin fitting? I can't find any pictures for it but it's referred to in the Sparex catalogue.:confused1:

Hi guys. Before I give up and phone the makers, does anyone know what sort of fitting I need to get when I replace the shaft on my Hycrack splitter? I only know splined fittings but this one is round and held on with a shear pin. Would that mean it's a pin fitting? I can't find any pictures for it but it's referred to in the Sparex catalogue.:confused1:

Hi NJC you have sparex splitter made by them we both in the early days thanks Jon

I had a hycrack. It is just a smooth round shaft with two roll pins in If I remember correctly, one inside the other. They are designed like this to shear like you say.

No key wedges are used. Cannot tell you what they are called though.

I'm at a bit of a loss. Was hoping to just buy a yoke for the shaft I have but I'm not sure whether that will be an option?

I've not pulled the whole thing apart yet. That info is good to know for when the bearings slacken up. It's ok for now. The bit I'm after is the end of the pto shaft that slides over the bearing shaft, where you'd usually find the 6 spline male bit. It's a simple removal from the back end - just one pin to knock out.

I'm beating for a bunch of farmers tomorrow. I'll ask them too!

I'm at a bit of a loss. Was hoping to just buy a yoke for the shaft I have but I'm not sure whether that will be an option?

I've not pulled the whole thing apart yet. That info is good to know for when the bearings slacken up. It's ok for now. The bit I'm after is the end of the pto shaft that slides over the bearing shaft, where you'd usually find the 6 spline male bit. It's a simple removal from the back end - just one pin to knock out.

I'm beating for a bunch of farmers tomorrow. I'll ask them too!

The whole PTO shaft can be broken down in to bits and replace worn out parts eg; Ends,Shaft and UJ s . not cheap to repair and you need to know HP rating so best to take to local Agri dealer and get advice.

I might just buy a new shaft from Hycrack to save bother. The only issue I have is that I cut the original shaft to fit my little Kubota compact and I now want to use it on my Unimog. It's too short...

Best bet if you still may use it on kubota is to get a half a pto shaft to go on tractor end but longer. Then you can swop between the tractors.

Also this will give you the choice of getting a shaft to go inside or outside of the one on the splitter.

Hi NJC ive new PTO SHAFT here a 4ft one for it to work on yours just swap ends over thanks Jon