Selling motors, who else hates it?

swinny

Currently selling a motor.

I always price stuff fair to move it on etc not one of these to stick something up for 500 quid more then i want. my price is my price

You have to waid through the low silly offers.

Then there's the new tax laws

Then for me currently there's the time of year

I hate changing motors, next time i change it will be for something near new and keep for 10 years :001_smile:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Drive it 'till the wheels fall off, then get another one! Some people change cars more often than I change pants, but I can't see the appeal as you have to shift the old one, or trade it in; and therefore get your bum-hole infiltrated.

Or you could get better at selling cars, unless you like that sort of thing:laugh1:

Sold the wifes on ebay, got it looking so nice, a guy said he would have it over the phone. Paid us full asking price and offered us petrol money as well - found ebay both cheap and effective!

Just put yourself in the buyers position and make sure you advertise what they want to hear. Years MOT helps, road tax is a thing of the past but if it has had new parts tyres brakes service etc - just make it look good!

Sold the wifes on ebay, got it looking so nice, a guy said he would have it over the phone. Paid us full asking price and offered us petrol money as well - found ebay both cheap and effective!

Just put yourself in the buyers position and make sure you advertise what they want to hear. Years MOT helps, road tax is a thing of the past but if it has had new parts tyres brakes service etc - just make it look good!

Yep that's something else that stresses me out, I don't need to but I always spend the weekend before it goes on ebay cleaning and valeting it, fixing those niggly little faults it's had ever since I got it and giving it a service and MOT.

Quite often I've bought a car with a few little problems, and only got round to fixing them when it's time to sell it! I really should do them as soon as I've got it rather than driving round with two years with windows that don't work, leaking sunroofs, no heater etc and only fixing it in time for the new owner to benefit :blushing:

Sold one recently. It's the people who do my head in. I always ask a fair price and make all my descriptions honest. but people still want to haggle. One guy came offered £2k less than the asking price and wouldn't budge. I told him I was sorry he'd had a wasted journey, but that I thought it was probably time he left as I wasn't going to sell it to him for that money.

He asked me for the money to cover his fuel costs!

Just shut the door in his face.