Bizarre Situation Over Ranger Mud flaps!?!

PeteB

GreenMech have 4 of the new Rangers. The three sales chaps have 2.2XLT, and we also have a 3.2 Wild track. Two where ordered and planned and two were off of the forecourt because we couldn't really wait.

Being a Rep, I prefer to keep mine reasonably clean looking and was disappointed that mine (and the other 2.2 units) didn't come with front mud flaps. After a short period, road grime and mud is splattered down those fancy chrome steps and up the doors. I was finding that people where getting mucky clothes getting in or out as well. So I went to my local Ford commercial garage to get some having seen them on the 3.2 Wild track.

At the counter I gave the model and registration only to be told that they aren't available for that chassis range!?! The sales team got involved and confirmed that front flaps aren't offered for the XLT and I shouldn't really order them for a Wild track as they couldn't guarantee the fit!!! Now, I could get some Sparco items from Demon Tweeks that I'd need to fettle or pay over 4 times that for ones that may not fit mine but do fit another Ranger!?!

Needless to say, the Ford parts chap did look embarrassed about the whole thing....

You'll probably find as your truck wasn't specced with flaps as new they haven't fitted the brackets or captive nuts required in the inner wing for them. Without looking I couldn't say how easy it would be to retrofit them but I'm sure it'd just be a case of drilling some holes and fitting rivnuts and bolts, or pop rivetting them on?

You'll probably find as your truck wasn't specced with flaps as new they haven't fitted the brackets or captive nuts required in the inner wing for them. Without looking I couldn't say how easy it would be to retrofit them but I'm sure it'd just be a case of drilling some holes and fitting rivnuts and bolts, or pop rivetting them on?

Every days a school day, just looked up rivnut cos I'd never heard of them and wow! How have I not seen these before. Getting some for the workshop I think.

Oh I ordered some alright, purely on the belief that the fixings are the same on both trucks or rivnuts or pops will suffice.

Bizarre that they fit them as standard on one truck but don't offer them on the same but slightly less well spec'd thing as an optional extra or even as a spare part!

GreenMech have 4 of the new Rangers. The three sales chaps have 2.2XLT, and we also have a 3.2 Wild track. Two where ordered and planned and two were off of the forecourt because we couldn't really wait.

Being a Rep, I prefer to keep mine reasonably clean looking and was disappointed that mine (and the other 2.2 units) didn't come with front mud flaps. After a short period, road grime and mud is splattered down those fancy chrome steps and up the doors. I was finding that people where getting mucky clothes getting in or out as well. So I went to my local Ford commercial garage to get some having seen them on the 3.2 Wild track.

At the counter I gave the model and registration only to be told that they aren't available for that chassis range!?! The sales team got involved and confirmed that front flaps aren't offered for the XLT and I shouldn't really order them for a Wild track as they couldn't guarantee the fit!!! Now, I could get some Sparco items from Demon Tweeks that I'd need to fettle or pay over 4 times that for ones that may not fit mine but do fit another Ranger!?!

Needless to say, the Ford parts chap did look embarrassed about the whole thing....

should have got a d-max there a standard fitment :biggrin:

Every days a school day, just looked up rivnut cos I'd never heard of them and wow! How have I not seen these before. Getting some for the workshop I think.

they seem to be made by BF Goodrich, if they are as awesome as the tyres then we should all have some

"and no backside access required"!!